Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Gents, just pulled the trigger on some Clazzio seat covers for my 2014 R/T. I'm not a rich man and I suspect there are a lot of folks out there in the same boat that need some good damn proof that seat covers can be worth 500 bucks. I should have them in a week or two. When I get them mounted I'll post some pics and let you know if they f'n rock or if I would of rather spent that money on another good rifle or something. BTW, either way, I still love my Chally!

·
Registered
4,434 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Clazzio install

Ok, finally got time to get these in and I couldn't be happier. If you decide to go this route be prepared to do some work! Men of weak hands need not apply. You will be certain throughout this install that surely they sent the wrong size however if you continue trying, they will fit on. They are extremely tight. Overall opinion though is this is a great product and company. They look sharp and are very comfortable. My wife was skeptical but when she saw them she was blown away by the looks and comfort and really likes them. If your just looking through the windows you really cant tell they're not factory leather. On close inspection of course you can tell but they still look really sharp. Clazzio did a great job of fitting them around the plastic parts as you can see in the pic of the seat release lever.
I went this route because I wanted seat covers for protection but couldn't bear to put cheap auto zone covers in my girl. Another option was those wet suit ones that are really good and cheaper however they have given me a rash before on long trips and I didn't find them very comfortable. The leather on these looks good and is very comfortable. Were they worth the money? In my opinion yes.
Final take, If you desire factory leather, just save up another grand and get kat skinz installed, if you just want to protect your seats and look sharp for a reasonable price, I think this is a great option.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Forgot to mention 1 thing. The Clazzio web site only shows these available up to a 2013. I ordered those and they fit perfectly in my 2014 RT.

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Looks good, man! Weren't the headrests and the rear center armrest SOBs to do? :bang: All worth it in the end, though. My only gripe (kinda) with vinyl is that it's so stable that whatever wrinkle you have after install will be there a year from now. But Those Clazzios are tons better than regular covers, fit and appearance.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks! appreciate the compliment, good to hear from a fellow Chally enthusiast. You are right, I was excited when I got down to only the head rest to do, then depressed when I found they were by far the hardest part. Gentle / responsible use of channel locks was the only way. Very happy with results though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts