Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally cleaned the throttle body, mine wasn't very dirty it only ran 6-7k w\o a catch-can but the mopar throttle body spray cleaned it to a new shine, I noticed there is no gasket between the throttle body and intake manifold when bolting on, is this normal? Thanks in advance..just making sure I didn't some how drop the gasket (it was dark)

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
You don't need a gasket when parts are made properly :D
Ok cool, lol just making sure I wasn't "fuseing" my tb to my intake, also is there a way to clean the intake manifold? I looked inside and saw some oil...not sure if sticking my arm and a cloth is safe\ok though...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Re gasket

Well all I can say is that the 5.7 intake use an o ring style gasket so you should have one with your throttle body.

Good luck

Todd

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok now I'm getting mixed 50\50s, I need to know if the 6.1l has a gasket or not, I did not notice one when I took it off but it was dark...surely some other members have done TB cleaning after installing a catch can...

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
If there were no gasket when you put it back together you would know about it at start up, no doubt about it.
A vacuum leak will make your engine speed climb/rev high.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok cool, so the TB itself dosen't actually have a gasket, the manifold contains it, on the Toyota you had to fit this rubbery gasket over the TB bolts and THEN bolt it on, seems like the HEMI is a bit nicer it looks like one that just pops in to the intake manifold and won't fall out....thanks guys!

·
Registered
347 Posts
You and I know you aren't going to be able to put this to rest until you double check to make sure....:indifferent:

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You and I know you aren't going to be able to put this to rest until you double check to make sure....:indifferent:
You were right, I went ahead and checked and yeah there's no way that gasket is coming out unless you WANT it to, it's seated inside the intake manifold :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts