Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a business near the Dallas/Fort Worth area that would be able to shave and paint a 5.7 intake manifold? Or does anyone know a place I can send one to in the US for just that? :browsmiley:

Otherwise, is anyone here on CT proficient in this and what's ur price?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Roland,

Take a look at the LX Forums. Some of those guys have done some amazing smoothing and custom painting on the plastic intakes.

I'm thinking of pulling mine and cleaning it up for the upcoming car show season. I'm going to do it myself, though, and not get too fancy with the paint. That manifold has too many un-needed bumps, brackets, gussets, etc.

Bill

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Roland,

Take a look at the LX Forums. Some of those guys have done some amazing smoothing and custom painting on the plastic intakes.

I'm thinking of pulling mine and cleaning it up for the upcoming car show season. I'm going to do it myself, though, and not get too fancy with the paint. That manifold has too many un-needed bumps, brackets, gussets, etc.

Bill
Thanks for the info Bill! I have actually seen some of the work the LX Forum guys have done and they look great! I'm just not comfortable doing that myself. I agree though, the manifold has far too many bumps and unnecessary plastic bits on it. I would really like to take off and leave off my engine cover, but that manifold is a little more rough looking than I like.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts