Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a long bristled brush and use Wolfgang Tire and Wheel cleaner to clean the barrel along with the rims; but boy does it get dirty. Outside of taking the wheel off the car, any good tips on how to clean the barrel out? I am using the long brush sticking it in btw the spokes

Thanks JB

·
Premium Member
4,028 Posts
Reactions: jbitter

·
Super Moderator
14,185 Posts
Wax and detail spray helps to repel dirt. I simply use a water spray bottle and paper towels. I can clean the inside of each of my wheels in a few short minutes.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
I bought a black chenille mitt for my wheels. That way I don't ruin my other ones.

Also bought some products for matte paint including a sealant, which I'm hoping will help repel some of the brembo dust.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
Take them off, clean and coat the barrels. They will clean much easier. Coat with something like Sonax Polymer Net Shield . Lasts up to 6 months. A Guy

Reactions: jbitter

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
2 days ago was my 1 year anniversary of picking up my car. The 1st week I owned it I swapped the Brembos to the Powerstops. At that time I coated the wheels and calipers with Chemical Guys Max Coat. Works pretty good. Guess it’s time to do it again. Ordered all my oil change stuff anyway. I don’t mind once a year pulling and cleaning the wheels.

·
Premium Member
26 Posts
As RWL11 commented AUTOGEEK.com has a good selection of detailing supplies. I use the speedmaster wheel brush.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. I don’t have the equipment to remove wheels. I guess stick with the brush.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,611 Posts
Normally I'd say you have a jack and the lug wrench that came with it...but so many cars come with no jack (just ridiculous if you ask me). A Guy

Reactions: silver scat

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Normally I'd say you have a jack and the lug wrench that came with it...but so many cars come with no jack (just ridiculous if you ask me). A Guy
No, no jack. Brush will be in hand though...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts