Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just "accepted it" in the past. There are many uses with vinegar in cleaning. You can clean the floor, bathroom, add it to your laundry, etc. It does a good job in cleaning, cutting the odor, etc.

Help me understand this. Wouldn't cleaning with vinegar leave a vinegar smell? Depending on the individual, vinegar smells like underarm or BO.

So how does that "supercharge" my laundry? Does that make my clothes smell "worst?"

Have it tried it? Yes. Honestly, I never noticed the difference. The only comment one time was that the lanudry smell like "wet dog" after it was cleaned and dried.

Educate me.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Years ago when I was but a kid I worked part time during the summer for a guy who cleaned business floors and carpets and floors and carpets and windows of houses. (He cleaned business windows but did this more often than the floors/carpets.)

We used white vinegar diluted in water to clean the windows. Vinegar was less likely to leave streaks. Important when one was cleaning outside windows of a 3 floor house.

Once every 6 months of so I put white vinegar to use when I add vinegar/water mix to my drip coffee maker's water reservior and let the coffee maker run and the vinegar removes water deposits in my drip coffee maker.

I have once or twice used white vinegar to clean the inside surfaces of my car windows. These get really "nasty" from the volatile compounds the interior materials emit especially when new and when exposed to the heat of the sun. The film is hard to cut and it streaks horribly. Both of my cars need their inside glass surfaces cleaned but it is a real chore and I put it off as long as I can.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts