Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I've been cleaning my windows with Detailer Spray for the past couple years: wash, dry and spray detail. It works like a charm!

I find it MUCH easier than Windex (significantly less buffing needed to erase the swirl marks), leaves the glass shining like a mirror, and is one less product (and rag) I need to haul outside.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Don't know why it wouldn't work. Will have to try. Thanks.
I have always wondered how many products out there r the same, just different label

Reactions: salvy59

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have always wondered how many products out there r the same, just different label

>>>Tons of products are the same specially the same company like miquires detailer and wax are the same! all you have to do is spray it on your fingers look at it and then rub it on your fingers for slipperiness you'll find it is all the same! many products= $$$

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
do you clean your inside window with it also? I would think just the outside?

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
do you clean your inside window with it also? I would think just the outside?
Both inside and out. Make sure to use a clean, dry microfiber cloth

·
Registered
336 Posts
Both inside and out. Make sure to use a clean, dry microfiber cloth
Whenever I wax the car, I wipe the exterior windows with the buffing towel. I don't apply any wax, just whatever residual is on the towel. Only time I really need the windshield wipers is if it's a very light mist. Real rain just 'goes' away.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
I used Meguiars quick detailer on my windows once and it streaked bad. I love Stoner Invisible Glass cleaner...it's great.

I have used Stoner Invisible Glass for a few years now too. It`s the only Glass cleaner I buy -- love it!! No streaks or residue. Just get my daughter to do the inside back glass for me cuz getting to that thing is a bi**h

·
Registered
588 Posts
I've used detailer sprays with microfiber towels for years on my windows. Comes out squeaky clean and no streaks and its fast.

I buy the big bag of microfiber towels from Costco. I don't reuse towels for too long and every time I do the interior I always use new towels.

Reactions: aldo90731

·
Registered
423 Posts
I buy the big bag of microfiber towels from Costco. I don't reuse towels for too long and every time I do the interior I always use new towels.

I also use the microfiber towels from Costco. 36 towels for $15.99. They're actually very well made microfiber, but cheap enough that when they wear out, just toss them! :werd:

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I used those cheap towels to clean my cbr1000rr. The tank was black and after a couple years it looked like hell. I bought new ones every spring. They r not good for your paint. Trust me

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Saw this on youtube.......

I saw a clip on youtube that used 0000 steel wool, you use this to dry wipe the windshield then, use RainX (a double coat) and wipe with a soft cloth, looked pretty effective.

Just saying............

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
wait, were talking windows right? Im getting my threads mixed up. not good on paint, windows would be fine I would think.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Yes, windows at least I thought it was windows!

The steel wool (0000) was especially used to get rid of water spots and bug splatts they basically rubbed the whole windshield, mirrors too, then with a clean rag apply the RainX, let that dry and then re-apply more RainX let that dry then with a moist clean cloth wipe clean! They ever suggested wiping the RainX on the wiper blades.
Sounded like a good idea which I will try it on my Challenger first chance I get.

David

·
Registered
74 Posts
For windows I use Hopes Perfect Glass. I used to use Invisible Glass, but that still left streaks. Perfect Glass beat Invisible Glass hands down, leaving nothing but clean windows. And no I don't work for Hopes, just another anal Challenger owner.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Steel wool... your nuts if you use it.

Mix up a solution of 1 oz RainX, 1 oz of Wink, and 20+ oz of windshield washer fluid. Use a micro fiber towel and your good to go. The Wink will take off any water spots and the RainX will do it's thing. Just don't use this on anything but glass do to the Wink.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts