Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have a clear film applied to various parts of the car including the nose/front bumper.

I am aslo considering a classic RT(less the RT portion since I have an SR) stripe, which begins on the nose section.

Anyhow would one be better off having the clear film applied and then have the portion of the vinyl stripe applied over the clear film? I think that is what I am going to do.

Has anyone had the film applied over the stripe? I would think the clear film would sit flatter if applied first.

Thanks for any feedback.

·
Vendor
1,720 Posts
Yes, definitely better to do clear film first. Otherwise, it could change the color/texture of the stripes depending on the type of material the stripes are made from.

·
Premium Member
283 Posts
See if you can find someone who can install the clear film around (butting up to) the vinyl stripes. I've had this done by two different installers, and they both did a great job. In fact, It's very difficult to see where the clear film ends and the vinyl (or carbon fiber) stripes begin. This first pic shows my Hellcat, and I had the entire front end of the car wrapped in clear film, and they just cut around the stripes:

Same thing on my old SRT 392, where the clear film was installed on just a part of the front end:

Frank

1 - 3 of 3 Posts