Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to guage if there would be any interest in clear and smoked after market side markers for the Challengers. I've thought about doing these for over a year, and as they are still not on the market, I am really close to going ahead with production. Please note that these are NOT available for sale at this point, and if I do decide to produce them, I will pay and advertise them on this forum. I am soley trying to guage if there would be enough interest to make a production run worth the investment. These would be exact reproductions of the OEM lenses and housings, but in clear or smoke, or your choice of other colors.

·
Registered
752 Posts
There are some already on the market now. The clear IMO doesnt look all that good on the color and style of car. The smoked on the other hand does.

I think they were 50 a pair, not sure tho.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ohh thats good to know, I looked quick on ebay and didn't see any. To be honest, I wouldn't be able to do them for less than $70 a set anyway as mine are all hand made rather than injection molded. The smoked side markers do look really good, but in my experience most people these days are using vinyl overlays now to get the smoked effect and save some bucks right?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ohh okay,.. I didn't come across those on ebay before. Neondials is usually pretty good about getting side markers on the market. I was surprised when I saw they hadn't yet. They make nice lenses,.. but the diffuser pattern on those isn't to my personal taste. I like the OEM pattern reproduction, but everyone has their own opinion. Being that they've got them in production, I wont bother. It would have been $70 for JUST the fronts, or the rears, with a package deal at $120 for both is the best I could have done.

I actually have an AWD R/T Charger myself. I want a Challenger, but I need a car I can put through Canadian winters, and my stable is full up between the Charger, the S10 and Eclipse I pull out of storage in the spring.

Thanks alot for the info though, I appreciate it. If there are ever any smaller custom parts for the Challenger that people might be interested in having a small run made of,.. feal free to drop me a line.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'd love a set of 4 smoked side markers. I found overlays for all 4, but the smoke lenses are only the front two. I'd really prefer true smoked lenses, not overlays.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes, true smoked lenses are much better and more durable than just overlays in my opinion. I'm not sure I could really make any money though if I invested in making front and rear side markers. I suppose doing the rears might be a possibility given the fact that I haven't seen where anyone else makes them yet. The same is true on the 2010+ Mustangs. Nobody does the rear side markers in smoke, and I do okay on those.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Klearz - I hope I didnt crap all over you and your thread !!! That was never my intention. I think its awesome that you want to do these. Just didnt want you to get in neck deep and be holding on to something that might be slow to move.

Like JROTTO said these are only for the front. I believe but not 100% sure the rear markers are the same as the 2011 Chargers in the rear. Their might be something there.

I am going to send you a pm Klearz.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Klearz - I hope I didnt crap all over you and your thread !!! That was never my intention. I think its awesome that you want to do these. Just didnt want you to get in neck deep and be holding on to something that might be slow to move.

Like JROTTO said these are only for the front. I believe but not 100% sure the rear markers are the same as the 2011 Chargers in the rear. Their might be something there.

I am going to send you a pm Klearz.
Nooo worry about that at alll. I learned exactly what I needed to know. If the rears ARE the same as the 2011 Chargers, then yes,... that DEFINITLY makes this production idea more likely. A lot of people don't do rear side markers because they don't mind the red so much. Its the amber that drives most people crazy. Enough people do want to complete the set that it may very well be worth while. If I were to guess, I would say that Neondials probably has NOT done the rears. They usually stick with just getting rid of the front amber side markers as those are the best sellers. I'll look into it a little more, and there is a good chance I will put these into production after all starting in mid April. I'll get in touch with forum owners regarding advertising and go from there. Thanks again for the info.

·
Registered
35 Posts
So... anyone making clear side marker lenses for the 2011-2013 models yet?

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
I plan on having mine painted to match the car. So it looks like they're not there. I've seen it in person, and light shines through just fine. It looks amazing. But before I just had them tinted black.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 14 of 14 Posts