Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just starting a new thread about the stock exhaust on the auto and manual cars. Here is a pic pretty much explaining the differances. This is for STOCK exhaust and not aftermarket catbacks. The picture is right at where the catback bolts to the midpipes (cat converters).

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Just starting a new thread about the stock exhaust on the auto and manual cars. Here is a pic pretty much explaining the differances. This is for STOCK exhaust and not aftermarket catbacks. The picture is right at where the catback bolts to the midpipes (cat converters).
I think I got it now. Mopar has 'recently' partnered with Corsa to make 2 different exhaust systems for the 5.7. The tips are like the factory but say MOPAR rather than Corsa.
They make 2 sets. One is for the 6sp and one is for the auto (MDS). So this seems to verify your findings that there is a difference in the systems. I don't know the diameters but each is supposed to 'bolt on' to its respective system.
I'll let you know when mine are here and installed (I hope).
Thanks for the valuable information and your expert contribution to this topic.
Cheers,,

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
I just bought a used RT and looked underneath it and saw that the pipe from the connection back was 2 1/4" I went ahead and had 2/1/2" magnaflow mufflers installed for the fact that I may put headers on the car later on.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I think I got it now. Mopar has 'recently' partnered with Corsa to make 2 different exhaust systems for the 5.7. ,,

I thought the Mopar cat-backs were made by Borla. Am I wrong, or are you talking about something else? I just had the Mopars installed in my R/T in December, and have been thinking I had Borlas.

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
I thought the Mopar cat-backs were made by Borla. Am I wrong, or are you talking about something else? I just had the Mopars installed in my R/T in December, and have been thinking I had Borlas.
Yes, Mopar does have the Borla system. But they have just offered the Corsa RSC (I think) anti-drone system for the 5.7 auto and a different Corsa for the 6 speed. I chose the Corsa ones because of their special technology to prevent drone on my Mopar 10. The tips are same as the factory ones except they say Mopar on top (the strict Corsa ones say Corsa). Kinda confusing isn't it but I hope this helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts