Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my car started making this "clicking" noise when I turn the steering wheel. I noticed the signal turn arm twitches every time the click occurs and sometimes the turn signal gets stuck...any idea what part could be malfunctioned?

·
Registered
2009 Dodge Challenger R/T
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
2009 dodge challenger r/t...I took apart the steering wheel yesterday and it looks like a piece in the clock spring broke, it is loosely moving inside the center causing the signal arm mechanism to catch on and click"...correct me if I'm wrong please lol is there a recall for this? I noticed other mopars have this issue as well

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,643 Posts
2009 dodge challenger r/t...I took apart the steering wheel yesterday and it looks like a piece in the clock spring broke, it is loosely moving inside the center causing the signal arm mechanism to catch on and click"...correct me if I'm wrong please lol is there a recall for this? I noticed other mopars have this issue as well
There is not a recall for this that I'm aware of. To be sure, you can check for any open recalls on your vehicle by punching in your VIN here: Safety Recall Information | MOPAR.

I looked for a TSB on this as well, but did not find any. I would recommend bringing your vehicle to a FCA dealership for a formal diagnosis.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I just had this same problem on my 2010 SRT and had to replace it. It had been clicking for a while and then the turn signals had and issue when it finally broke. I used the OEM part when I replaced it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
No, I had it done. I think it cost me around $200 for the part and $150 labor. It could definitely be done at home but a lot of these guys are struggling so I have no problem helping when I can. My guy had to layoff all but 1 guy during the shutdown.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Right on. I purchased used and added a bumper to bumper warranty so I believe it will be covered. If it was an easy fix I'd just do it at home and save the time of dealing with the dealership but I think I'll just take it in. Will reply to this thread afterwards for anyone else that is or will have this issue

1 - 9 of 9 Posts