Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently noticed clicking nosies from my tires when I reverse. It doesn't happen when I drive forward. I have the 275s, you guys know why?

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
It may be the brakes, try pressing them lightly and see if the sound goes away or changes. I don’t think it’s anything wrong, it just happens sometimes.

·
Registered
219 Posts
It happens to me when from reverse I go back forward and brake. Only few times though.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
330 Posts
It happens tonme when from reverse I go back forward and brake. Only few times though.

My Dodge Ram did this and it drove me nuts so I took off the front wheels and pulled the brakes apart and the backing on the brake pad that rest against the piston fell out. So it would shift back and forth when going from forward to reverse and visa versa. I don't know what the inner brake pads look like on the Scat 392's but maybe it's the brake pad. Just a thought.

·
Super Moderator
14,207 Posts
The three most common causes of brake clicking noises are:

1. The brake pads are moving or shifting into the new direction of travel.
2. Too much movement between the surfaces of the pad abutments and caliper. (You can minimize and often eliminate this clicking noise by applying disk brake caliper grease).
3. Lack of anti-rattle clips. (Were your brake pads ever changed? If so, these clips may not have been replaced).

·
Registered
219 Posts
Bingo, Cuda . I'll check the pads today. Solution 2 or 3 are possible (new pads and maybe no clips).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts