Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, so I changed my tires the other day- standard fit PZeros - the guys fitted without issue ....I went out and did a few generous pulls and hard stops to get the wax of the tires and free up some grip.

A few miles later., I noticed a clicking from what seems to be the front end brake driver side. Clicking is only under braking ....noticeably. It is not evident in reverse.

I checked the front pads and thought that the clicking may be down to worn pads, as they are near to the acoustic squealer tabs. There was a little uneven wear on the pads as is normally found at that level of wear. So, I changed pads and did a full inspection to see if anything was catching the wheel or balance weights, etc.- nothing

So, hopefully, I put everything back together and went out again ....still the same click. However, my ears may have fooled me and it seems like its coming from the rear..

Does anyone have any idea what is going on?

I am not feeling anything on the brake pedal or steering that would indicate a more serious issue.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
come on guys - surely there is someone out there that has had this experience or can point the finger in the right place

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So went to the tire dealer to check on a 4 post ramp - what we saw under braking was the rear assembly rotating quite a bit more than expected - which leads me to think that bushings in the links are done and it would explain the click under braking ...anyone seen or heard of this before ?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Sorry MiHiHemi! I drive a 2017 Scat Pack w/ the Dynamics Package so I basically have the same as the SRT392 and Hellcat with the 6 piston Brembos up front with the slotted rotors. Right now I'm almost at 22k miles.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts