Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 2015 R/T I purchased 6 months ago. Just started having issues with the Clock Settings window popping up while I'm driving and it won't go away. I tried disconnecting battery and it stopped for a day. I tried turning off the GPS setting and it still does it. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you correct it. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Pressing Yes, or no, or the X will not close it out? Have you tried setting the clock settings when it's not displayed?

A Guy

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I press no and it just pops up again. If I press yes it goes to settings screen for about 2 seconds and then this screen pops up again.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts
... I tried turning off the GPS setting and it still does it. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you correct it. Thanks
My first suggestion would have been to make sure that was turned on. I'd try these.
1 - disconnect battery, reboot everything (what the heck, free)
2 - turn on gps setting for clock, and see what happens, (does GPS work now?, is the clock even correct?)
3 - somewhere this is a way to get into the "engineering" or whatever menu for the system, and reset all setting, maybe that will work. (maybe also try cleaning the screen, is there a protector on it now, kind of looks like it)
If you touch the clock does that trigger setting the clock? If so, that may be the issue, the screen thinks something is asking it to be set. TO THE MANUAL!!!
OK, just checked, maybe not... But you can try turning the clock off altogether maybe?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all, new here. Found this site doing a google search. I was wondering if you had solved your clock problem? I have a 2017 Challenger sxt that is doing the same thing. It started when I plugged in a flash drive with music. I don't have Nav but my radio also now skips channels, jumps between am/fm/satellite, goes from vented seats to heated seats. I have done a factory reset, nothing, I have unhooked the battery, nothing. I bought it new and it now has 22000 miles on it so I'm guessing it isn't under warranty. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually found an answer from someone on FB. He says it is the digitizer that is bad. It's hard to tell in my pic but if you look close at top of screen you can see where it looks like a crack is actually where the digitizer is fouled. Part costs about $100 and is not difficult to replace. I found a video online about it. I haven't gotten mine yet.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Hi all, new here. Found this site doing a google search. I was wondering if you had solved your clock problem? I have a 2017 Challenger sxt that is doing the same thing. It started when I plugged in a flash drive with music. I don't have Nav but my radio also now skips channels, jumps between am/fm/satellite, goes from vented seats to heated seats. I have done a factory reset, nothing, I have unhooked the battery, nothing. I bought it new and it now has 22000 miles on it so I'm guessing it isn't under warranty. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.
You have a 3yr/36000 mi warranty. Still applies if you bought it less than 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
I actually found an answer from someone on FB. He says it is the digitizer that is bad. It's hard to tell in my pic but if you look close at top of screen you can see where it looks like a crack is actually where the digitizer is fouled. Part costs about $100 and is not difficult to replace. I found a video online about it. I haven't gotten mine yet.

Thank you so much! I will check it out.

You have a 3yr/36000 mi warranty. Still applies if you bought it less than 3 years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bought it in April of 2017.

·
Premium Member
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy- GONE :-(
4,706 Posts

Ah, so the system thinks someone is pushing on the time, to set the clock. I wonder if you try heat/pressure, if it will reduce the pressure in that area and stop? I do see that line at the top of the screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. mine is a 2018 sxt, just started doing it tonight and the whole touchscreen doesn't work in but a few places I have 22000 miles on mine. so to the dealership i go in the morning.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
Mine is doing the same thing. mine is a 2018 sxt, just started doing it tonight and the whole touchscreen doesn't work in but a few places I have 22000 miles on mine. so to the dealership i go in the morning.
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I'm sorry to hear this. Please let me know if you plan on visiting a dealership for this concern. I would be happy to open a case for you.

Alison
DodgeCares
This issue is not unique to Challengers. I'm having the same issue with a 2017 Chrysler 300 and the screen keeps popping up and it beeps every time. Music isn't even enjoyable because the annoying beep interrupts the music!!!

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
This issue is not unique to Challengers. I'm having the same issue with a 2017 Chrysler 300 and the screen keeps popping up and it beeps every time. Music isn't even enjoyable because the annoying beep interrupts the music!!!
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 998410 I have a 2015 R/T I purchased 6 months ago. Just started having issues with the Clock Settings window popping up while I'm driving and it won't go away. I tried disconnecting battery and it stopped for a day. I tried turning off the GPS setting and it still does it. Has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you correct it. Thanks
I have a 2017 Charger and my radio does the same thing. Are there any fixes?

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
I have a 2017 Charger and my radio does the same thing. Are there any fixes?

Alison
DodgeCares

·
Registered
1 Posts

Alison
DodgeCares
I have a 2018 Challenger scat pack shaker at 20220 mile started having the same problem the change time screen started popping.i did not drive car for a week and it started then I drove the car for awhile that day and it stopped. The next day it was fine.then a couple days later it started again taking the car on to the dealer will update after.

·
Registered
599 Posts
Are you sure you're not hitting the area around the clock display when pressing your radio presets? Ask me how I know ;)

*typing w/fat sausage fingers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 300s 2018 with 38000 miles and it just started doing it too. Super annoying. I think I saw something about a class action lawsuit when I googled this. Something about how Uconnect system has been junk for a while.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,711 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) There are at least 2 class action lawsuits that I am aware of

A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts
I have a 2018 Challenger scat pack shaker at 20220 mile started having the same problem the change time screen started popping.i did not drive car for a week and it started then I drove the car for awhile that day and it stopped. The next day it was fine.then a couple days later it started again taking the car on to the dealer will update after.
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
Dodge Cares

1 - 20 of 36 Posts