Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I’ve got a 2019 Challenger RT, absolutely love th car, only gripe I have is the clock...... it’s SO SMALL I can’t hardy read it. I know there are so many ways to change up screens etc, but can’t find anything to enlarge the size of the clock. Am I missing something or do I need to add a bigger clock ? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.....

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,442 Posts
Not making fun of you and this situation but you might want to schedule an eye exam with an ophthalmologist. At some point you may find you need glasses and maybe bifocals (or I prefer progressive lenses).

With my eye glasses with progressive lenses I can see the dash and the clock just fine but also have good distance vision. I can also read the gas pump receipt with the receipt in my hand.

Also, I do not know your age but at some point cataracts can form. They did in my case and I didn't know it until a doctor spotted the condition. The condition continued to get worse but honestly I didn't see (no pun) this. I just gradually fazed out reading and struggled at work to read the text (programming code mostly) on the computer screen.

When I did see an eye doc he said the cataracts had advanced to the point surgery was recommended. I had both eyes done about a month apart. Quite a procedure and vision was much improved. To avoid the need to carry reading glasses with me everywhere I elected to get a pair of glasses with near correction and progressive lenses for helping me see up close, the dash. Distance was taken care of by the artificial lens that replaced the fogged lens of the eye.

There can be other things that affect vision acuity. An eye exam I think is warranted regardless if you find a way to enlarge the numerals of the digital clock.

·
Premium Member
10,534 Posts
Welcome to the forum. You joined just to complain about that? Wow, next someone will say the power windows are too slow…
I remember when cars didn’t have all these creature comforts and we still loved them.
How about the car has a clock that works well and be happy with that.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T 392 6 speed manual
298 Posts
Hello, I’ve got a 2019 Challenger RT, absolutely love th car, only gripe I have is the clock...... it’s SO SMALL I can’t hardy read it. I know there are so many ways to change up screens etc, but can’t find anything to enlarge the size of the clock. Am I missing something or do I need to add a bigger clock ? Any help would be great, thanks in advance.....
Wow, tough crowd here. I do like a reasonably sized clock in the car. Probably not a key decision criteria but I too would have liked a floating clock when the screen was off.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm with ya man, all the fonts are too small if you have to look away from the road to see them. I wish these screens were more customizable seeing what the after market can do plus plugging in phones. My Mustang let me change the background picture and play with colors as well.

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack
4,442 Posts
Drove my Scat Pack at lunch. Remembered this thread and to me the clock numbers are the same "size" as the other numbers and letters on the LCD. They are not smaller or really in anyway appear different.

Now the digital clock in the console LCD in my M-B van is hard to see. Not because of the size of the numbers but because my sunglasses are polarized and this tends to reduce the contrast between the numbers and background of the display which is not that big a contrast to begin with.

However, at night with my clear glasses on I can see the clock numbers just fine.

Mostly I use the digital clock in the center display. Its contrast is better to begin with. But with cruise control active the clock is replaced by cruise control setting info.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,171 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Or the Challengertalk comedy club :rolleyes: No, there is no way to change the font size. Either clock on Uconnect, or in the EVIC

A Guy

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,285 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky! When it comes to the clock in the car I have to use a watch because we live where the time changes from eastern to central time. So you can never be exactly sure what time zone the car is displaying. Changes back and forth on some of our roads.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts