Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this neighbor creeps up on the freeway in the AMG, I auto stick to 3rd 80 ish, he floors it, I go...that car freaking hauls! We were at I think (135) cause I couldn't look until we slowed through 110. It runs mid 12's and it can pull down the freeway. Anyhoo, the 392 was in it but freeway racing; bad idea...... at those speeds for a few seconds it was good to hear the K&N doing some dirty work.:)

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your Chall looks cooler, costs less then half the CLS63 AMG, costs less to maintain and has a HEMI :thumbsup:
AMEN Drifter! How's the new ride treating you brother? Issues w/doors or no? I know you're breaking ol' girl in! :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Door handles are dead.. LOL Dealer replacing only one say the other is caused by a defective PEM which they are replacing as well.

Alignment is all fixed!!!! YAY

almost 600 miles on her and she is broken in nicely. no redline for me but this Chall sure as hell boogies!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Dino, what happened with that pesky GT 500 that wanted to race? Did you ever fit it on?

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
After seeing my neighbor all "comfy" in his Benz doin' 135 I'm the least bit concerned about the stang. I'm gonna upgrade tires, Borla Cat's and a tune hopefully. Then, what's done is done. Then a T Orange for Momma w/headers and the like!

·
Registered
432 Posts
So for the highway race with the CLS63...did he pull ahead of you, you ahead of him, or was it a draw ?

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was me right lane he pulling up in the left cruising @ 80 we both just WENT all out (at least I did, autostick to 3rd and never redlined mine but shift to4th then 5th), he pulled ahead by a car length and that was up to about 130ish. So, I couldn't pass him and it was him by a length. Now we wave at each other when he drives down the hill, Kinda Funny! That thing flys and for $120K it should! Let's say in the end, he always drives down the block, to see if I'm ready to go and that's cool.....

MOPAR

·
Registered
176 Posts
A car length is not bad. Let's do some work on it and give him a rerun. Or let me take a crack at him. lol

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
1 length is not bad at all. That car is easily twice as much as yours and looks like ****. That car is one ugly MB.

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Only a length and you didnt even let the car shift where it needed to be. Thats pretty good. If you let the car shift, and not short shift it, it would have been close. Those cars haul ass on a highway pull!!!!!

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Brother, I know! I had my foot IN IT and he wasn't going anywhere...
It was fun no doubt but at 135 or so on the freeway feels very unsafe (not the 392) the feel of Cops all around! I've been told "let it rev-limit/shift itself in auto stick" but "pushing" the engine that hard seems a bit too much at least for me. I'm upshifting around 6,000 rpm. It's going so fast and revs so fast, that I'm hardly looking at the tach.More going by feel and sound. Of course, I've never had a HEMI so, shame on me! I know that it gets up and doesn't want to slow down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
80mph is so high for the hemi I bet you can beat him at low speeds i did race an e63 from around 35mph I had him by 2 & a half car lengths with my modded 300c srt8 stoped around 130 & he was pulling.

don`t know about the manual but for the auto ur not at the peak rpm 3rd at 80mph is so low if it was 90-100mph u may beat him.

·
Registered
1 Posts
this neighbor creeps up on the freeway in the AMG, I auto stick to 3rd 80 ish, he floors it, I go...that car freaking hauls! We were at I think (135) cause I couldn't look until we slowed through 110. It runs mid 12's and it can pull down the freeway. Anyhoo, the 392 was in it but freeway racing; bad idea...... at those speeds for a few seconds it was good to hear the K&N doing some dirty work.:)
80mph is so high for the hemi I bet you can beat him at low speeds i did race an e63 from around 35mph I had him by 2 & a half car lengths with my modded 300c srt8 stoped around 130 & he was pulling.

don`t know about the manual but for the auto ur not at the peak rpm 3rd at 80mph is so low if it was 90-100mph u may beat him.
Just gapped a 392 in my CLS63 AMG by about 5 cars from a 40 roll.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Brother, I know! I had my foot IN IT and he wasn't going anywhere...
It was fun no doubt but at 135 or so on the freeway feels very unsafe (not the 392) the feel of Cops all around! I've been told "let it rev-limit/shift itself in auto stick" but "pushing" the engine that hard seems a bit too much at least for me. I'm upshifting around 6,000 rpm. It's going so fast and revs so fast, that I'm hardly looking at the tach.More going by feel and sound. Of course, I've never had a HEMI so, shame on me! I know that it gets up and doesn't want to slow down.
Hold your left paddle shifter (not just a tap but hold it) and it will downshift into the meat of the power band. Then nail it and let the computer shift the rest of the way.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
9 year old 1 post necro bump bait

1 - 20 of 35 Posts