Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
2019 dodge charger GT
5 Posts
As you can see there are a number of us with this problem. I have been to 3 different dealerships without a solution. I can't say they aren't trying. Dodge's engineers will have to step up to help find the problem and solution. The sound appears to be in the exhaust. Why I have no idea but I hope someone finds the cause soon. 8500 miles and still occuring everyday. I'm tired of it
I meant to ask, have you been able to recreate the knock/clunk at the dealer?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Same issue. 2019 SXT V6. I’ve been to my local dealer twice and they were about to recreate it once but couldn’t figure out what it was. Still happens randomly. It feels like it is in the drive tunnel to me and I can feel it when it happens. I tried to get an audio recording of it and you can’t really hear it on the recording. It sounds similar to an issue that I had on an older Honda where a mount was broken on my transmission. However outside of times when I start the car and it randomly happens I cannot duplicate it while driving so that ruled that out being a mount I would guess. 14k miles and I reporting this to my dealer within a few weeks of getting the car.

·
Registered
2019 dodge charger GT
5 Posts
Same issue. 2019 SXT V6. I’ve been to my local dealer twice and they were about to recreate it once but couldn’t figure out what it was. Still happens randomly. It feels like it is in the drive tunnel to me and I can feel it when it happens. I tried to get an audio recording of it and you can’t really hear it on the recording. It sounds similar to an issue that I had on an older Honda where a mount was broken on my transmission. However outside of times when I start the car and it randomly happens I cannot duplicate it while driving so that ruled that out being a mount I would guess. 14k miles and I reporting this to my dealer within a few weeks of getting the car.
Mine didn't do it for almost a week but this week it seems more frequent. Called my local dealer and I'm bringing it in Thursday morning. I really cant believe having the ce for less than 3 weeks and I'm already bringing it to the dealer

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have had it since I bought it in Nov. 3 dealerships can't determine what the condition is. It's in the exhaust as far as I can tell. If they find the problem please post. I have a case with Dodge.
Can you get a video/sound clip of it? The engine/transmission combo is used in 2015+, so interesting it's 2 2019s having the same issue.

A Guy
You won't hear it I tried.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey, all,

Has anyone had any more enlightenment on this problem? I have not. Right when all this social distancing thing started, I took my SXT to the dealer for a rear differential replacement. I also asked them to check the subwoofer and its connections, based on what someone on a forum suggested. After keeping the car for three weeks, I'm pretty sure they replaced the differential (it still whines, just differently), but the dealer could not tell me definitively if they did anything to the subwoofer. I'm assuming they did not address it.

I'm seeing more people discuss this issue on some of these forums, and it SEEMS to me this problem is limited to V6 cars, and is a noise related to the exhaust, not the subwoofer or stereo. Most seem to think it is some kind of backfire phenomenon. Still, I personally have not been able to hear anything from outside the car.

There has been nothing from the dealer or FCA about this issue I can find, but my car one year and three months later still does it. No change. Not worse. Not better. A TSB addressing the problem would be the best thing right now, if FCA is even looking into the issue at all. Dodge Cares, which has monitored these forums, has had nothing of value to add that I have found. :(

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, all,

Has anyone had any more enlightenment on this problem? I have not. Right when all this social distancing thing started, I took my SXT to the dealer for a rear differential replacement. I also asked them to check the subwoofer and its connections, based on what someone on a forum suggested. After keeping the car for three weeks, I'm pretty sure they replaced the differential (it still whines, just differently), but the dealer could not tell me definitively if they did anything to the subwoofer. I'm assuming they did not address it.

I'm seeing more people discuss this issue on some of these forums, and it SEEMS to me this problem is limited to V6 cars, and is a noise related to the exhaust, not the subwoofer or stereo. Most seem to think it is some kind of backfire phenomenon. Still, I personally have not been able to hear anything from outside the car.

There has been nothing from the dealer or FCA about this issue I can find, but my car one year and three months later still does it. No change. Not worse. Not better. A TSB addressing the problem would be the best thing right now, if FCA is even looking into the issue at all. Dodge Cares, which has monitored these forums, has had nothing of value to add that I have found. :(
As of now nothing new. Like I mentioned previously I had pulled both the radio and amp fuse and still got the Thump. In the next 2 weeks I will be changing my exhaust to a Borla S. If the condition clears we will know its the exhaust. If not it's probably from the engine itself. Nothing much left to check til then.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Update....changed out the stock exhaust for Borla System....still have the Thump intermittently....but it does sound great..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi

Lmfao, how diff does it sound from original exhaust? And how much was it?
Look for the video on YouTube...I think it's great....not a Hemi of course but better than the stock exhaust. Price was 1290 tax and 180 to install. But again it did not clear our problem thump

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,331 Posts
For those hearing the clunk in the back. Which side does it sound like it is coming from? If on the passenger side...wonder if it could be evap canister related?

·
Registered
1 Posts
i just purchased my 2019 SXT with only 86 miles and after a week I started hearing the Thump too. To me it sounds and feels from underneath the drivers side, but does sound like an old backfire. Car runs amazing, it’s just more so annoying. Dealership couldn’t recreate it either

41 - 55 of 55 Posts