Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
678 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 SRT8 Challenger and installed the Eibach lowering springs. I now have a clunk in the rear when going over bumps. I see many had this in the front but mine is in the back. Anyone have this and have a fix?

·
Registered
825 Posts
Likely the shock mount at the top of the shock.. There are two bolts holding the shock to the chassis at the top of the shock.. Make sure those aren't loose... You can get to them without taking the wheel off even... But it's tight.. Top of the wheel well..

·
Registered
31 Posts
suspension trouble

As the person above said check your bolts, its easy to forget this step when you are excited about lowering your car. Check above the wheel well to ensure nothing is loose and also under your car above each wheel there should be two bolts that also need to be on tight or else it will produce a noise over the tiny bump in the road.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I've lowered a bunch of challengers. I cut the damper snubber, it is inside of the plastic housing the covers the shock shaft. I fill the snubber with sillycone, if you don't it jumps up and down on the shaft and clunks like something is falling off the car. Zip tie outside the snubber also work.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts