Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a way to calibrate the clutch? I mean, like you can calibrate the gas pedal. I tried it, but didn't notice any difference. Just wondering if I may have been doing it wrong. Used the search feature and didn't find any posts regarding this topic. Of course, I find direct chat far faster and more informative. I asking this question because my 6 spd seems to bog down (loss the rpm's) on even the slightest of inclines when taking off. Just doesn't seem right. My other car doesn't lose squat on inclines. Thanks for any assist.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
From what I was told when they replaced my tranny in '09, the hydraulic clutch is self-adjusting. The tech said it would take using it 10-15 times before the pedal feel was 'normal' again, and in reality it was back after maybe 5 uses or so.

I did ask him about changing the release point, and to his knowledge there was no way to do it with the stock setup.

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
. . . I asking this question because my 6 spd seems to bog down (loss the rpm's) on even the slightest of inclines when taking off. . .
Are you sure you are not feeling the 'hill start assist'? When on a hill, it applies the brakes and releases when engine torque is sensed. Or, it will release in two to three seconds after taking your foot off the brake.

The hill start assist can be disabled with the EVIC, and with non-EVIC cars. Check the owners manual for how to do this.

The clutch itself is not adjustable. Make sure your brake fluid is at the proper level (the brake master cylinder reservoir shares duty with the clutch).

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bwbike - it wasn't the hill assist as I will coast back when this happens....very slow mind you..but that is because the incline is ever-so-slight. (Some people might even say pretty flat.) My hillassist seems to work only on sharp inclines. that I have noticed anyway. I'll pay particular attention to this in the future.
spencer60 - I've got a few thousand miles on mine, so I'm guessing the pedal better be 'set in its ways'. I certainly hope it's not a tranny issue; and I'm sure that it's not since all is what I would call 'normal' other than these slight incline occassions. Thanks for the input ya'll.

·
Premium Member
781 Posts
Yeah, hill-start is pretty noticeable, and takes a pretty fair incline to kick in.

You may want to see if you can find a hill near your dealer that shows the problem and have one of their techs take a ride with you. At least that way there's a record if it turns out to be a warranty-type issue later on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts