Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my IE 392 out today for the first time.
2 things I noticed.

1) I hear a vibration at idle...sounds like something in the dash...console...or floorboard areas. But when I push clutch in...it disappears.

2) When shifting...mostly from 1-2 & 2-3...when I push the clutch in...you hear & feel a thump. To be clear...it's not when I'm actually shifting...but when I push the clutch in that it happens.

Anyone else have this??

·
Registered
351 Posts
Yes sir I am. If I'm not mistaken it is a rubber bushing between the drive shaft, and the transmission. I'll have to look into it more, but it seems to be normal. Usually happens cause the joint is flexing when you let the clutch in, and out.

I'm no expert though, so don't take my word for it. I just know mine does it as well.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes sir I am. If I'm not mistaken it is a rubber bushing between the drive shaft, and the transmission. I'll have to look into it more, but it seems to be normal. Usually happens cause it's flexing when you let the clutch in, and out.
A problem relating to issue #1....or #2??:werd:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Mine does this thump too. Perfectly normal from what the dealer told me. I thought it was my car cover rolling around in my trunk at first....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts