Dodge Challenger Forum banner

Clutch Issues

1614 4
Took my IE 392 out today for the first time.
2 things I noticed.

1) I hear a vibration at idle...sounds like something in the dash...console...or floorboard areas. But when I push clutch in...it disappears.

2) When shifting...mostly from 1-2 & 2-3...when I push the clutch in...you hear & feel a thump. To be clear...it's not when I'm actually shifting...but when I push the clutch in that it happens.

Anyone else have this??
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
366 Posts
Yes sir I am. If I'm not mistaken it is a rubber bushing between the drive shaft, and the transmission. I'll have to look into it more, but it seems to be normal. Usually happens cause the joint is flexing when you let the clutch in, and out.

I'm no expert though, so don't take my word for it. I just know mine does it as well.

· Registered
1,986 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir I am. If I'm not mistaken it is a rubber bushing between the drive shaft, and the transmission. I'll have to look into it more, but it seems to be normal. Usually happens cause it's flexing when you let the clutch in, and out.
A problem relating to issue #1....or #2??:werd:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.