Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am researching putting a nitrous system in for my 5.7 6 speed. There are quite a few things about nitrous that seems appealing compared to a sc or turbo.

My reading has brought me to the topic of having a nitrous kill switch on your clutch pedal. So when the clutch is depressed or engaged the nitrous flow stops. Apparently it is for the guys that will shift with the throttle wide open jamming from gear to gear. I personally don’t drive this way, but it has me interested.

Anyone, I am wondering if anyone has one of these or set one up? I imagine a window switch could produce the same effect by having the nitrous shut off at 5200rpms or so, hat would allow you to keep the throttle wide open and shift.

Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
I'm currently running nitrous on a 5.7 M6 car, and I don't use the clutch kill switch. I do wide open throttle shift when racing at the track. I couldn't imagine how things would go if I had one installed. I use a Zex system, so it has WOT activation native to the brain box. There are other kits out there that may be better, but for my I've consistently see a full second taken off my track times using this system. I'm not sure if this is what you want to hear or not, but I figured since I currently run a setup similar to what you are trying to do I'd chime in. Good luck with whatever way you decide to go, and keep us posted. If there is a better way to run nitrous I'm always willing to learn.

Reactions: Bigred61

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm currently running nitrous on a 5.7 M6 car, and I don't use the clutch kill switch. I do wide open throttle shift when racing at the track. I couldn't imagine how things would go if I had one installed. I use a Zex system, so it has WOT activation native to the brain box. There are other kits out there that may be better, but for my I've consistently see a full second taken off my track times using this system. I'm not sure if this is what you want to hear or not, but I figured since I currently run a setup similar to what you are trying to do I'd chime in. Good luck with whatever way you decide to go, and keep us posted. If there is a better way to run nitrous I'm always willing to learn.

Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to go win a wot switch and a window switch and call it good.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I think I am going to go win a wot switch and a window switch and call it good.

That’s a good idea, keep me posted when you get it installed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts