Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all... 6.4 srt 8.. I am hearing alot of noise from my tranny,I push on my clutch and noise goes away. I'm talking loud. Embarrassing loud... is it something the shop can deal with?

·
Super Moderator
15,047 Posts
I'd have it checked out - some idler gear rattle is normal (goes away when clutch is disengaged), usually occurs with trans in neutral, clutch engaged.

Otherwise, if you have a defect (clutch components, or trans internal parts), I'd have the dealer deal with that if you're within the warranty period.

·
Premium Member
621 Posts
The throw out bearing comes to mine for me.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My SRT idling in neutral sounds like a hay baler:lol I chalk it up to the thin oil they run. No problem but does sound bad.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lol, well I didn't buy a 50k hay bailer to drive thru the drive thru and have people look at me like my shits about to exploded! Lol.. I was going to have them check it out since she will be in getting some other work done. I have a hurst shifter I was going to install and did not want to have them say it was the shifter causing the issue...

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Well unfortunately the shifter could be contributing to it. The metal stick on the Hurst shifter is known to translate a lot more tranny noise than the stock one.

Edit: oops I mis-read that, I thought you had already installed the shifter.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lol, yeah I don't want them to think it was the cause of the issue.. Plus I am afraid that I will hear more of the noise when Ido install it.

·
Registered
275 Posts
It is the throw out bearing, mine is making a lot of racket as of late too. I will be taking it to the dealer for inspection, just hit 5000 miles. I'm also having an issue where I'm at a stop, clutch in, foot off brake, put in 1st gear and the car ever so slightly nudges forward...like the clutch is grabbing a bit.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My car has 350 miles on it, I hope it's not the throw out bearing already.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
clutch issue srt

It is the throw out bearing, mine is making a lot of racket as of late too. I will be taking it to the dealer for inspection, just hit 5000 miles. I'm also having an issue where I'm at a stop, clutch in, foot off brake, put in 1st gear and the car ever so slightly nudges forward...like the clutch is grabbing a bit.
Hi Jeff i am having a similar issue issue with my 14 srt8 has 9k miles I am wondering if you have had this fixed & what was it? its seriously driving me crazy.oh & I live in orange county we are practically neighbors! Vince

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT 392
485 Posts
Hello all... 6.4 srt 8.. I am hearing alot of noise from my tranny,I push on my clutch and noise goes away. I'm talking loud. Embarrassing loud... is it something the shop can deal with?
"Stones in a can kind of rattle", likely input shaft noise. Unless it is competing with the exhaust or stereo, likely it's normal. This is a 500 ft/lb plus transmission, not a whimpy four banger one, it's gonna be noisier. If you cruised drive in's back in the muscle car days, you remember the noise the T10's and Muncies made. Along with the lifter rattles, timing chain noise, exhaust leaks and rattles, my how quiet these new incarnations are! Any noises on our rides are amplified because of the quiet nature of the new beasts. A bad pilot bearing will be most noticeable with the clutch depressed and released. A bad throwout bearing will be loudest right as the pedal starts to be depressed- that high pitched whir or squeal right as you start to shift. Time to have the warranty dealer check out your problem.

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
sticking clutch set up

yup totally true, the noise I can live with,my issue is with the clutch fully disengaged pedal to the floor I can put it in first or second & can feel/hear the differential & chassis load up I was thinking it was sticking main shaft or something hanging up the clutch.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts