Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been online everywhere looking for a clutch pedal switch and cannot find one

I also wanted to know something I just looked online and saw that the push button I saw looked like it fit my ignition will I do anything else or just buy the button and put it in

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,585 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) Tell us about the car, maybe the members will have some answers for you

A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Assuming it is +2015 (did not check earlier years to see if they were the same), I think the switch is sold as an assembly.

Rockauto shows some pics.

Even the FSM seems to show the switch is integrated with the clutch master cylinder. Do you have the old one out and in hand?

If you don't want to spend a lot on a new clutch master cylinder you might be able to jumper the clutch interlock signal but then you run the risk of the car being able to start with the clutch engaged and in gear.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't fit my car it's an 09

Well tell me how to by pass it without making the car not starting

imagejpeg_0.jpg

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
If you have a 2009 RT then this should fit.

To start it I think you will need to jumper pin 2 to pin 3. Not sure if PCM is looking for an open or a short to ground to start. To be honest for $88 I would just get a new master clutch cylinder.

Or you can get it cheaper at rockauto.

Use the link here to access the online chilton's manual to show you how to replace.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,347 Posts
Ok so according to FSM with the clutch fully released you should see continuity, with it depressed it should be open. I wonder if you just disconnect the switch if the car will start?

Oh and on 2009 it looks like the switch can be separated from the master cylinder and you can buy it separately.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts