Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Completed the CVD mod tonight. Longest part was letting the car cool down to work on it.* Cats took about 45 minutes to cool enough to get at the clutch line. Pulled the clip off which easy. Nothing really in the way.
We tape off the opening of the bell housing to prevent something from falling* in by mistake. Pulled the line and maybe a drop or two of fluid was lost. We had several caps ready to plug it off which was easy. First we tried a couple picks from Harbor Freight. You could feel the rubber O-ring but we could not get it or the plastic X out. I went for the drywall screw. Key is to get it directly in the center of the hole. Then push it in and turn. You can feel the drywall screw bite into the plastic and* take hold and then pull it out. O-ring came out with the plastic X stuck to the end of the drywall screw. Mission accomplished.

Clutch felt right after just a couple of jumps but I gave it 50 to 70 just to make sure. Car now runs and shifts exactly you would expect it too. No more*hunting to find the sweet spot that seems to be a moving target. I just never had confidence in the clutch as it seemed to be fighting you all the time and it was. Such a stupid little thing can be such a pain. I tagged and bagged them if it ever needs to go back to stock. Feeling much better about the car now that the clutch seems completely normal. CVD Mod is a must do for you 6 speed manual guys.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Clutch delay valve removal of the rubber and plastic x pieces has been around for awhile now, many posts and how to's. Now get yourself a Barton shifter and enjoy that 6 speed.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Barton 6 spd is on order and has been shipped. Install maybe this weekend.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
I've had my car for 6 year's just removed CDV last weekend. I wish I could have all the mile's back I have driven prior to removal!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Has anyone removed the cdv and not liked it or did not feel it was an improvement? I have not removed it on my 2015 6m because it seems to shift ok. I do have the barton which I like the tight feel. I blame any rough shifts on the dam drive by wire which I find has inconsistent throttle control. Talk me into removing the cdv:smile: Thanks

·
Premium Member
7,294 Posts
. . . Car now runs and shifts exactly you would expect it too. No more*hunting to find the sweet spot that seems to be a moving target. . .
The above seems to sum it up. This is on my to-do list.

·
Registered
2015 scat pack
279 Posts
Has anyone removed the cdv and not liked it or did not feel it was an improvement? I have not removed it on my 2015 6m because it seems to shift ok. I do have the barton which I like the tight feel. I blame any rough shifts on the dam drive by wire which I find has inconsistent throttle control. Talk me into removing the cdv:smile: Thanks

I only missed a few gears early on. Lately I have been shifting smoothly with no issues whatsoever. I have a Barton shifter, but it is not yet installed. I have not done the cdv mod yet because like you said above, I don't feel pressed to do so. I also have a skipt shift eliminator sitting on my work bench, but I have never been bothered by it because my rpms are always above the engagement level, so I doubt I will put that in. One thing is certain, If I don't find the stock shifter too shabby, I can't wait to throw some gears with that Barton!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just checked today and the Barton will be here Friday afternoon. Short throw shifter is going to be so nice. Owning the car just a couple of weeks I pretty much drive it as a 4 speed most of the time. 5th for cruising and 6th only on freeways or long mountain down hills. 4th gear is pretty much good for 130 and not sure how 6th will pull up high being overdriven 50%. The shift throws are pretty long so the Barton should be a big help. Heading to Harbor Freight for some interior prying tools. Also have some red lighting to replace the trunk, map, glove and puddle lights.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts