Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had the code for a little while. I thought it was a fluke at first, as I didn't notice any performance change. I cleared it and it came back with a cylinder miss in that same #4. I haven't noticed any performance issue at all... Could have been at start. I pulled the injector plug and checked it with a node. Fires good, so not a bad wire or computer. Anyway, I decided to just do a simple check to see if it was the injector itself. I swapped it with another cylinders injector to see if the code followed that cylinder.. Cleared the code, and drove. Code came back for bank 4... Now, I'm pretty sure, I didn't put it right back in the same spot, but, lmao, not 100% because I got distracted right in the middle of doing it, just like every damn thing I do around here.. Can't just do something, gotta stop in the middle to help someone else... Anyway, again, pretty sure I swapped them.

What else could it possibly be?

I'll get the actual codes in a minute and edit the op. Now it seems to be a few more related. But it's bank 4....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im I in the right forum?

I've tested wiring and ecu, good.
Tested injectors by swapping them with another cylinder and it stayed on 4.
I swapped the coils to see if that may be causing a mis diag, as once in a while cylinder 4 will have a miss fire. No change.
Checked the spark plugs and compared to other cylinders and cyl 4 may be ever soooo slightly leaner looking, but. Look good.
I had a code 2 other times for Manifold Runner Position Sensor fault. Not sure how that would only be a condition in cyl 4,so ruling that out, and keeping in mind as somethimg I need to fix (cleaned the plug and it hasn't come back)....

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,153 Posts
Not a wrong forum, I just suspect no one has an answer for you. It's a rather particular problem, and might require a dealer with a scan tool

A Guy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts