Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the last few days, the engine idled rough when I started it cold. After a few minutes, the idle smoothed out. Yesterday the MIL (malfunction indicator light) came on and stayed on, even though the vehicle operated normally. I took it to the dealer this morning and it threw code P0300. The tech theorized that it might be a fuel delivery issue, and the fuel pump might need replaced if it persists. Has anybody experienced the same thing with their 392's?

·
Registered
111 Posts
No problems at all with mine at 1400 miles. Well, except for the thumping trunk monkey!
Sorry to hear that you are already having an issues with a new car.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
653 Posts
Sorry to hear you're already having problems and I just hope that this is the only issue anyone with a 392 will have for a long time. Picking mine up tomorrow and it already had a running light out, which I need to check if they fixed, but I hope you just got a bad pump and you'll have no problems once they replace it.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The car started up normally this morning at 4:30 am, about 40*F out there. I drove it up to Tucson and back for a car show, about 200 miles. I'm of the belief it was a batch of low-quality fuel I got. I'm not going to worry about it further unless someone else reports the problem. Thanks for your comments!

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Yeah, don't go back to that station anymore. What octane rating are you using? May need 93* that's all I used in my RT 6spd.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts