Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting the p0430 code after I installed the 91 CAI tune. I'm running 93 oct gas. I have exhaust cutouts, but they are all the way at the back right before the resonators. Any ideas? I'm curious if it's due to the tune or the 02 sensor is bad. I thought about buying some of the 02 sensor non foulers and see if that corrects the problem.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I'm getting the p0430 code after I installed the 91 CAI tune. I'm running 93 oct gas. I have exhaust cutouts, but they are all the way at the back right before the resonators. Any ideas? I'm curious if it's due to the tune or the 02 sensor is bad. I thought about buying some of the 02 sensor non foulers and see if that corrects the problem.
Take it back to the stock tune and see if the code is still there. That will help narrow down if it is the tune or if it is the cutouts.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Out of curiosity, why are you running the 91 tune if your locale has 93 gas available? Diablo's 93 tune is marginally superior to their 91 tune. According to DiabloSport's website nomenclature, the 93 tune provides for an extra 5bhp and 5lb-ft over the 91. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, just wondering if there was a particular reason why you are doing that.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Out of curiosity, why are you running the 91 tune if your locale has 93 gas available? Diablo's 93 tune is marginally superior to their 91 tune. According to DiabloSport's website nomenclature, the 93 tune provides for an extra 5bhp and 5lb-ft over the 91. I'm not trying to be a smart-ass, just wondering if there was a particular reason why you are doing that.

I tried running the 93 oct tune and the car seems to run better with the 91oct tune and 93 oct gas. I figured that the gas around here may not be a "true" 93 oct. The combo of the 93 oct gas and 91 tune seems to be the sweet spot for my particular car.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
I tried running the 93 oct tune and the car seems to run better with the 91oct tune and 93 oct gas. I figured that the gas around here may not be a "true" 93 oct. The combo of the 93 oct gas and 91 tune seems to be the sweet spot for my particular car.
Gotcha. Makes sense.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok took it back to stock and got the same error plus the P2098 this time. I've noticed it always occurs in the early morning (still dark) when it's between 39-49 degrees. If I reset it, it will not come back on until about the same time of the morning on my way to work. Never when its warmer outside. Does anyone know that if I get the nonfoulers and move the rear o2 sensors out further if that would help. I tried to use my dads predator to turn them off, but his is only good thru 08. Mine is too recent and doesn't give the option.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I tried to use my dads predator to turn them off, but his is only good thru 08. Mine is too recent and doesn't give the option.
I had a similar problem after I installed my High Flow Cats. There is a guy on here who will write you a custom tune to shut off the O2 sensors. I haven't got around to it yet because I need to clean out my garage to find my interface cable.

Don't recall his name off the top of my head, maybe he will chime in.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've been getting P2098 on my 2011 SRT8 and dealer keeps telling me that the o2 sensors are fine. That I should put a tune in it, I have a Trinty 1000 but the code triggers with or with out tune. Mods on car are CAI, Catback, 85mm TB & catch can.
Anybody know if a custom tune would rectify this problem?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts