Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed my spark plugs. Now if i hit the gas my check engine light comes on. The code is P0441. I know the code is EVAC. I changed the canister purge solenoid. I clear the check engine and it stays off until I hit the gas again

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;) What year, model/trim/engine?

A Guy

Reactions: F8HemiRT

·
Registered
2,419 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,777 Posts
Unless it was coincidence, it's hard to connect the code with the plug change. Make sure all hoses to the purge valve are not pinched/disconnected. Valve is on firewall on the left side of the engine as pictured

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
15,557 Posts
I'd check the hoses (no cracks or kinks) and the rubber fittings (no splits / tears).

Since you're dealing with 7 - 8 year old parts in the engine bay. Things can deteriorate and when handling them, can break.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Simplest way for me to explain this is to pull the hose that runs to the back of the car. One hose goes to intake vacuum and other runs under the car to tank/charcoal canister. Unplug the purge valve also. Start the car and see if theres vacuum at the spot where hose goes you took off. Should be none.
Start there. Evap systems can be a little tricky without having a scanner or smoke machine but ill try to help if i can

1 - 8 of 8 Posts