Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thursday night, my check engine light came on. Took it to O'Reillys on Friday morning & they said it was code P1524, but they couldn't find what the code meant. Drove it to the dealership from O'Reillys & I was told it was the Oil Control Valve, which they replaced under the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain warranty. Same day (Friday), check engine light comes on again that night. Dropped it off at the dealership, but they had no one there that could look at it on Saturday or even find out what the code was, so I had to wait until today. They finally called me a few minutes ago & said the code was P1521 this time, telling me that since I have a catch can, I was a quart & a half low on oil. But on Friday, when I clearly asked the guy that worked on my engine if the catch can could cause this, he said "no, this is a part that they have to replace quite often (Oil Control Valve)". Now what I'm wondering is exactly what they had to do to replace the Oil Control Valve.....how much of the engine did they have to take apart? On the papers, it says they had to remove the Intake Manifold. When you remove the Intake Manifold, do you have to add oil when you're done? I have Mobil 1 synthetic oil in it & if they did have to add oil, I wouldn't doubt it that they added regular oil to it. When I did a search for code P1521, it came up as having the wrong oil in the engine. HELP! The dealership is now saying that they are going to charge me $77.15 for 1/2 an hour labor & the oil since it's not a warranty issue :( Need advice fast! Thanks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts