Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which are the best?? I read at Charger forum that KW is the best for LX platform. what do you guys recommend?? I'm all for street racing since we don't have drag strip in Kuwait =\.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Current generation AFCO shocks are a full race shock that can be used on the street. They are the most expensive option out there, but worth it if you are serious about an adjustable setup for race. The trade-off is noise and vibration.

I use AFCO for both drag racing and road course racing. I have about 5000 miles on my set.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Which are the best?? I read at Charger forum that KW is the best for LX platform. what do you guys recommend?? I'm all for street racing since we don't have drag strip in Kuwait =\.
A little off subject, but Kuwait should be the only place that street racing in the desert is legal. Nothing but sand and road, or sand all over the road.... and camels.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Are you looking for a firmer ride/ better handling in the twisties or something to help you with traction for drag racing?

·
Registered
435 Posts
I have the Pedders coil overs from Petty's Garage.They are top notch with full adjustment.The great thing about them is, the spring rate stays the same because the shock base is threaded and adjustable for height.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
A little off subject, but Kuwait should be the only place that street racing in the desert is legal. Nothing but sand and road, or sand all over the road.... and camels.
that would be Saudi Arabia, you will only see Camals near the borders of Kuwait, not in the city ;).

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
Well, I have to step up here and disagree about using AFCO's on the road course. My road course track time is 10x that of my drag strip time and I love the AFCO's as do the national record holding SCCA racers that are coaching me. The ability to independently adjust compression and rebound and a wide range of springs has been invaluable on the road course.

We started with 250# springs and have gone as high as 650# springs. Currently we have a combination of 550# and 450# springs on the car. We have different compression and rebound settings for all four corners of the car based upon the track conditions. We can adjust for changes in track and tires in minutes with a few clicks to make the car looser of stiffer.

I haven't seen any other LX platform shock demonstrate that type of versatility. On top of that, I have had many conversations with The AFCO engineers about my car and results with their products. Are other vendors going to give you that kind of support. AFCO is a racing shock, that is what they live for.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Whie we are an afco dealer...Well I stand corrected...you are the first and only person I have seen attempt to use them on road corse events. It is great to know they are working well. Afco markets them as drag pack coil overs, I know they have different spring rations, but have t seen any feedback other than Folks using them for straigtline racing. I road course my own car, so this is great to know. W spoke with afro about making a road race version of the coil over two years ago, to date they have not specifically come out with a kit, but it appears there are combos that are working!

Well, I have to step up here and disagree about using AFCO's on the road course. My road course track time is 10x that of my drag strip time and I love the AFCO's as do the national record holding SCCA racers that are coaching me. The ability to independently adjust compression and rebound and a wide range of springs has been invaluable on the road course.

We started with 250# springs and have gone as high as 650# springs. Currently we have a combination of 550# and 450# springs on the car. We have different compression and rebound settings for all four corners of the car based upon the track conditions. We can adjust for changes in track and tires in minutes with a few clicks to make the car looser of stiffer.

I haven't seen any other LX platform shock demonstrate that type of versatility. On top of that, I have had many conversations with The AFCO engineers about my car and results with their products. Are other vendors going to give you that kind of support. AFCO is a racing shock, that is what they live for.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I've been running the Pedders for over a year. They're pretty solid. Would also recommend a bumpsteer kit, ans some sways. If you're serious, end links are good. Depending on drop, you may need camber adjustment. If you start doing a bunch of bushing work, it can be a PITA with the Pedders stuff based on my experience but the result is pretty darn good.

HemiSam

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Lol well which one is it, the afcos will be great for launching but not so much on the road course, the kw or eibachs are more suited for road race/twisties.
haha I meant something to help me with road race/twisties. I want the best of both so what can you hook me up with? ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts