Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Yup! Like skinning cats, there are a couple of ways to replace the springs. I found the easiest way for me is to put a jack under one side of the cradle, remove the two cradle bolts on that side, lower the cradle (You will likely have to lower the rear part of the exhaust as well) and replace the spring. Then raise the cradle, install the bolts and repeat on the other side.

Reactions: guitar2323

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup! Like skinning cats, there are a couple of ways to replace the springs. I found the easiest way for me is to put a jack under one side of the cradle, remove the two cradle bolts on that side, lower the cradle (You will likely have to lower the rear part of the exhaust as well) and replace the spring. Then raise the cradle, install the bolts and repeat on the other side.
Thanks for the I info.I replaced the stock R/T suspension with SRT stuff. I was just asking if the rear springs are discarded when using the coilovers.

·
Registered
432 Posts
The coilovers for your car in the rear are not 'true' coilovers.
The adjustable shock and the spring with an adjustable perch are separate and go in the same locations as the stock parts do.

You can see from most of the pictures that the springs are separate with what looks like a spacer, this is how the heights are adjusted.
https://www.wretched.co/suspension?cat=299&vehicle_model=183

Let me know if i can help with anything.

·
Premium Member
860 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The coilovers for your car in the rear are not 'true' coilovers.
The adjustable shock and the spring with an adjustable perch are separate and go in the same locations as the stock parts do.

You can see from most of the pictures that the springs are separate with what looks like a spacer, this is how the heights are adjusted.
https://www.wretched.co/suspension?cat=299&vehicle_model=183

Let me know if i can help with anything.
Thanks for the info. I am one of those guys on the fence about what direction to go suspension wise. I am doing a bunch of research between coil overs or air bags.

·
Registered
432 Posts
do you want the slammed look, and more focused on appearance
or
do you want lowered look, with adjustable damping, and more focused on performance?

If you want the slammed look, and care more about appearance than performance then bags might be a good option. The drawbacks are the ride heights don't stay the same all the time, so your alignment angles will change depending on the ride heights.

there isn't a right or wrong answer, it's more of what you want.

I don't personally sell any bags, but i have nothing against them, it's all about what you want out of a car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts