Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey guys. First post here! So, I've bought myself a 2014 RT 6mt... didn't get the STP because I knew I'd end up tossing the suspension eventually anyway to go lower..
little background, I used to have a VW that was slammed on coilovers, and I'm wanting to lower the RT more than the mopar springs or eibach pro kit or any of those allow.
I've been looking around and it seems like my best bet is gonna end up being either the BC or ST coilover setup. They're both available for 2011-13 which I'm assuming includes 2014 too, right?
Anyway, if anyone has a recommendation on which of those would be best, I'm all ears..
What else do I need to consider if I get the coils and lower it? I know it will have to be aligned and I think I read some stuff about adjustable LCA's and stuff... anyone have any experience?

I'll probably end up going over 2" lower in the front and leveling the rear which I'm going to predict will be about a 3" drop from stock, if that helps
Thanks!
-Jon

·
Registered
872 Posts
i'm on BC and didn't need anything extra other than the rear dampening extenders.

alignment is always recommended, but i'm dropped almost 3" and didn't need any camber kits or control arms.

i think a few other members on here experienced the same with the BC setup.

i hear good things about the ST too so i don't think you can really go wrong with either.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks AK.. Your cars stance is on point man! So you didn't have any alignment issues dropping it that low?

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
BC coilovers here, without rear camber bushings I was at -3.00 degrees, way way out of spec. Had the alignment shop install +/- 1.50 camber bushings so now I'm roughly about -1.60 degrees, which has worked out well for me.

I also installed adjustable UCAs up front, not sure what my camber specs would've been without them.

The factory suspension is not adjustable, only the steering (toe) is. So, you can try without anything else first if you want but I don't see how anyone can get away without doing something in the rear, especially if lowered 2+ inches.

EDIT: Here's mine, for reference.

Reactions: Jesusballer

·
Registered
103 Posts
If you could spend a little more money, the Mopar/KW/ST product is a much better one.

BC's had a questionable reputation in the past with build quality & effective life - not specifically on Challengers, but on a lot of their products. I have no experience with them on a Challenger.

The adjustments are also fairly inaccurate (to where rebound curve on level 6 on one shock is a level 2 on another) but thats true on nearly every sub JRZ/Moton/Bilstein race shock - which is why a lot of guys have better performance on non-adjustables, or send the adjustable to be shock dyno'd.

If its just for looks it doesn't matter all that much , but if its for performance choose wisely.

Hope that helps!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts