Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have a 2010 RT 5.7........ was thinking K&N CAI but after realizing the number of other options....more confused.

Advise or thoughts on brands, etc?

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
They are all pretty much the same. Choose the one you personally think looks the best and go with that one. On the K&N though, be careful. They have two different units and one is not CARB compliant, which means if you live in a state where your car must pass an emissions test, then the car will fail the visual test before even getting to the emissions portion or it. The non-CARB K&N unit is the one that boasts the high horsepower gain.

·
Super Moderator
13,967 Posts
Most CAIs are similar. They look great, sound great, but only provide about a 5 hp increase for $300. Not a wise expenditure of performance dollars. I would buy a Predator tune and a K & N drop-in filter.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
They are just for looks. Get the one you like the looks of best and call it good.

They only make significant increases for supercharged or turbo charged applications.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just bought the one made by Mopar. I like the stainless steel look, and the blue colored air filter. Matches my Deep Water Blue body. Plus it passes emissions in all 50 states.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Most CAIs are similar. They look great, sound great, but only provide about a 5 hp increase for $300. Not a wise expenditure of performance dollars. I would buy a Predator tune and a K & N drop-in filter.
x2 to what he said. I would also add a 180 t-stat. Also, if you have an Auto 5-speed, look into getting the SRT8 air box.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Ditto to all - I got one as part of my MOPAR bucks package, so I didn't pay for it. If not, I would have went with the K&N drop in filter - provides essentially the same result overall (have used those before and have them on my other cars now). However the CAIs do look really cool, especially the MOPAR version IMO. I also have a bunch of BT dress up parts in the engine bay for looks - also in blue - the MOPAR CAI blends right in, along with the MOPAR strut tower brace (which I would have paid for myself if not for the MOPAR bucks incentive, as it does flatten out cornering noticeably on these cars).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. Went ahead and got a K&N drop in....easy and buys me some time. LIke the looks of the mopar bc of the look..............

1 - 10 of 10 Posts