Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, just curious what improvements I will see? Better MPG, better Sounds, Look cooler? I'm new to doing moderations but I see alot of people talking about them.

·
Registered
416 Posts
As a VERY general rule, for ANY CAI you MAY get UP TO 5-10 horsepower or so... you MAY also get a noticeable intake sound... you WILL get cooler looks.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
The 2011 SE already has a CAI from the factory--in fact this is one of the main reasons the same Pentastar V6 has higher output in the Challenger than in the other models.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 2011 SE already has a CAI from the factory--in fact this is one of the main reasons the same Pentastar V6 has higher output in the Challenger than in the other models.
Really? had no idea... Guess I will just change the filter later on.

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
A CAI will only give you about 5 hp. It is mainly for looks and intake sound. You can get similar results with a drop-in panel filter by AEM or K & N, and the removal of your OEM tube's air silencer.

In my case, I like the way the MOPAR CAI complimented my BT engine dress-up parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
331 Posts
A CAI will only give you about 5 hp. It is mainly for looks and intake sound. You can get similar results with a drop-in panel filter by AEM or K & N, and the removal of your OEM tube's air silencer.

In my case, I like the way the MOPAR CAI complimented my BT engine dress-up parts.
On the Modern Muscle link they are using AIRAID intakes on the dyno runs. The 3.5, 215 CI V6 dynos around 170-175 and with the AIRAID shows 187, a 12-17 HP gain, with the throttle body added 197, a 10 HP gain. 2.7 3.5 V6 5.7 6.1 Hemi high velocity CNC throttle body LX RAM On the 5.7, 345 CI HEMI they say " Airaid air intake - after TB looks like they compliment each other well " From Popular Hot Rodding 5.7 AIRAID test, " After a couple pulls we recorded a best corrected-run of 282 hp and 304 ft-lbs of twist. That's a gain of 33 hp and a whopping 58 ft-lbs of torque. Quite a gain from a couple hundred bucks and 15 minutes of effort." Dyno Testing the Airaid Premium Car Air Filter - Popular Hot Rodding Magazine Here is a dyno test done by a member http://www.custommagnums.com/forums/performance-talk/24343-3-5l-intake-evaluation-e-bay-k-n-big-bully-air-hammer-ho.html I run the 93 tune all the time, just be sure to use top tier gas Top Tier Gasoline

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
Those horspower gains seem excessive, especially 33 hp for the 5.7. :scratchhead: The only time I have read of such gains, is from the manufacturer's literature (which is self-serving).

Speedy, a member on this forum conducted a test and only got a 5 hp bump. Don't believe everything you read.

·
Super Moderator
14,134 Posts
Those horsepower gains seem excessive, especially 33 hp for the 5.7. An increase of 33 hp would be worth .39 sec. in the 1/4 mile.

The only time I have read of such gains, is from the manufacturer's literature (which is self-serving).

Speedy, a member on this forum conducted a test and only got a 5 hp bump.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
yep..

The Challenger SE's 13 horsepower increase over other Pentastar engines is due to "a more aggressively designed intake air system" which increased airflow from 214 to 220 g/s. The cam is identical.

2011 Dodge Challenger cars, with spy shots

1 - 10 of 10 Posts