Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,220 Posts
Save your money. Keep your stock cai unless you're going for looks. Most Aftermarket caiS would only gain you 2-7 hp depending on your other bolt ons.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
You know the OP ask for the opinion of which is the best, not your opinion if
it worth doing.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger Hellcat
364 Posts
You know the OP ask for the opinion of which is the best, not your opinion if
it worth doing.
then why don`t you give the OP your opinion on the best CAI since you bothered to respond???
I`m guessing K&N since that is what you have installed on your car... correct?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Drop-in, non-oiled filter (AEM, Mopar) and stock "cold air" intake system.

·
Registered
896 Posts
K&N is by far, NOT the best intake out there these days.

·
Super Moderator
13,849 Posts
Just buy what looks good with your motor. I have the MOPAR CAI. It is made by AEM and has a washable filter. Expect to pay about $330. I would stay away from K & N. They have to be oiled.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Why does noone prefer the oiled filters anymore vs the dry filters? I keep seeing people saying to stay away from them, but noone ever says why?

Op- The biggest gains i have seen all come from the legmaker intakes, but the volant looks nice as well (but noone has ever posted numbers that ive seen for this one). I will say that ive read numerous sources state that heatsoak with aluminum intake tubes is much worse than with carbon fiber tubes.

·
Premium Member
6,492 Posts
Why does noone prefer the oiled filters anymore vs the dry filters? I keep seeing people saying to stay away from them, but noone ever says why?

Op- The biggest gains i have seen all come from the legmaker intakes, but the volant looks nice as well (but noone has ever posted numbers that ive seen for this one). I will say that ive read numerous sources state that heatsoak with aluminum intake tubes is much worse than with carbon fiber tubes.
The oiled filters...

- Foul the MAF and IAT sensors if over-oiled
- Have poor filtering efficiency until they become dirty, which means you're letting more dirt/abrasives into your engine

So between the messy maintenance and poor filtering ability those are plenty of reasons for me to stay away from them.

·
Registered
570 Posts
What are the benefits of a dry filter ? compared to the oiled K&N etc. ? I have a K&N in my GMC 4 X 4 and I don't put that many miles on it anymore. it is just about ready to be cleaned again after being in the truck since 2006. I agree, cleaning & oiling is a pain, so a great DRY filter that works & protects my engine is something I would buy, what are some of the BETTER dry filter CAIs out there ?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts

Installed the Volant "CAI" on my Ram and I will never order from them again. It didnt fit right (didnt seal against the fender as it should have) and there was a big gaping hole on the bottom of the box turning it into a Warm Air Intake since it was sucking up engine air. They said that hole was for the snorkel that you have to buy separately, which they didnt make at the time...

My vote, LMI TRUE CAI. I have tested it and it reduces the effect of heatsoak.

·
Registered
570 Posts
that just shows these companies will sell useless garbage. did you end up sending it back OR do they have one of those no refund policies ?

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
that just shows these companies will sell useless garbage. did you end up sending it back OR do they have one of those no refund policies ?
I traded the truck in with the mods for my Challenger :headbang2:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts