Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
thats correct with illuminated center inboard lamp
I could be able to remove the black cap behind the parking light just earlier. Does it indicate that I can install Hellcat lower intake with headlight tube in the car?

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
every 2015 to now Challenger have the removable inner front or rear cover to open up the inboard lamp, the issue is illuminated or not,
if the inner lamp looks like the following then its illuminated and larger in diameter then earlier models

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
every 2015 to now Challenger have the removable inner front or rear cover to open up the inboard lamp, the issue is illuminated or not,
if the inner lamp looks like the following then its illuminated and larger in diameter then earlier models
View attachment 986422
I'm confused. I thought every challengers had illuminated parking headlight. And yes mine is illuminated just like that.

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
nope, early ones did not have the illuminated center
look at the very center

·
Read Only
44 Posts
NO to k&n. and any other oil based filter design. flow better? maybe.
intake misting via oil particulates from filter is a known problem long term however, vapors can "pile" and affect sensors.
Legmaker seems to be a very good cone style intake. I do believe they use a 'wet' filter though. grrr. They also draw hot underhood air, as filte ris not closed off from underhood heat draw, so technically, they are not a true cold air intake. perhaps on the street they dont perform as good as they do on a car running 10-12 seconds at a time. I think the main appeal is certainly more TB / SC sound and CF materials.
The best bang for the $$ however, (under $150 all in) is the SRT designed, oem hellcat lower box and tube, for the price, you will not find a better flowing, closed (actually cold air) intake. there are 2 headlight tube lengths, so be sure to research which one you need. I believe it was dependant on car year. Gain on any of them is sub 7-8hp.

·
Read Only
44 Posts
Get the hellcat air filter from Mopar as well. Flows better than the stock r/t filter.
I was thinking about that mod because I may install it on my 2019 Challenger SXT. I wonder if a new airflow sensor is needed or a tune? I heard it could lean the mixture out and possibly cause damage. I haven’t gotten any codes but I’ve had different issues before and no codes were detected by the dealer

·
Registered
61 Posts
I ran it on my RT and I'm running it on my scatpack now with no issues.

No tune or airflow sensor change needed.

I'm pretty sure you're going to need to flow a heck of a lot more air than that to worry about that.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
I was thinking about that mod because I installed it on my 2019 Challenger SXT. I wonder if a new airflow sensor is needed or a tune? I heard it could lean the mixture out and possibly cause damage. I haven’t gotten any codes but I’ve had different issues before and no codes were detected by the dealer
You do not need a tune as you are doing nothing to increase the V.E. of the engine. It is not going to draw more air through the throttle body as a result, it will just draw air more easily, if that makes any sense. A larger than needed air filter on a car will not in and of itself increase power but a smaller than needed sure will decrease it.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
201 Posts

·
Vendor
12,206 Posts
2 version, 15 to 17ish without illuminated in board lamp

with illuminated in board lamp, 17ish and newer, not all Challenger have illuminated in board lamp

ps what is illuminated in board lamps??

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
201 Posts
2 version, 15 to 17ish without illuminated in board lamp

with illuminated in board lamp, 17ish and newer, not all Challenger have illuminated in board lamp

ps what is illuminated in board lamps??
View attachment 987219
Went to buy it tonight but shipping is $52 for a $92 item?? Seems a bit much?

·
Read Only
44 Posts
Went to buy it tonight but shipping is $52 for a $92 item?? Seems a bit much?
Shipping is costly but it’s still less expensive than most aftermarket kits. I personally don’t think it adds gobs of HP like most CAI systems but they do sound better. I ordered the factory mud guards from a dealer and it was the same cost as ordering online

21 - 40 of 54 Posts