Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pac Widebody 6speed
3 Posts
Recently I did this mod to my 19 scat pack widebody. The most difficult part was removing the two T10 screws on the cap behind the headlamp. The rest of the instal was straight forward. When temps heat up I can’t wait to compare intake temps from last summer.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
15,670 Posts
Welcome to Challengertalk ;)

A Guy

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Scat Pac Widebody 6speed
3 Posts
That photo with the splitter protector was at delivery, it’s removed now.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody
136 Posts
Fun fact, the yellow splitter guard actually creates turbulence that can decrease the effectiveness of this mod. Consider removing it for maximum results.
I was told it adds 0.2HP so I left mine on for the first 3 weeks then decided to sell for a small fortune :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Guys, do you know if this mopar cold air intake fites 2020 or 2019 V6 challanger? I'd like to buy it for my 2020 GT ADW Challanger.
thanks

mopar.JPG

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I just recently bought a brand new 2019 rt plus and I'm thinking about install CAI, but I don't know which brand is recommended. I heard people mention alot about K&N and Legmaker, and Hellcat lower intake with headlight tube. Please tell me about your experiences. I appreciate y'all!!
I went with the K&N idk why people are saying not to go with it I notice better fuel mileage, faster throttle response, maybe a Little increase in horsepower and torque and I like the sound it makes as if it’s turbo charged.
7F3EA66D-A65B-4A97-BE26-86AC77CDF2EC.jpeg

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
206 Posts
I went with the K&N idk why people are saying not to go with it I notice better fuel mileage, faster throttle response, maybe a Little increase in horsepower and torque and I like the sound it makes as if it’s turbo charged. View attachment 990416
I had the same one on mine and I did notice a big difference with throttle response and fuel mileage, but I was never happy with the fitment or look. Maybe you didn’t have a problem with yours but mine needed a lot of “convincing” to get in and I also hated the cheesy looped wire adapter for the air flow sensor. I ended up getting rid of it and going with the Hellcat lower airbox. Seems like just slightly less throttle response and mileage than the K&N, but definitely still better than stock and I like the look of the OEM setup better.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi. I just recently bought a brand new 2019 rt plus and I'm thinking about install CAI, but I don't know which brand is recommended. I heard people mention alot about K&N and Legmaker, and Hellcat lower intake with headlight tube. Please tell me about your experiences. I appreciate y'all!!
I recently bought the same car and I put a K&N idk why they say not to it has a 1,000,000 mile warranty and doesn’t void warranty plus I got better throttle response ,deeper exhaust noice , better gas mileage and maybe a little bit of HP and torque.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same one on mine and I did notice a big difference with throttle response and fuel mileage, but I was never happy with the fitment or look. Maybe you didn’t have a problem with yours but mine needed a lot of “convincing” to get in and I also hated the cheesy looped wire adapter for the air flow sensor. I ended up getting rid of it and going with the Hellcat lower airbox. Seems like just slightly less throttle response and mileage than the K&N, but definitely still better than stock and I like the look of the OEM setup better.
I feel you on the fit cause mine doesn’t look pretty but I did it for the performance gain overall I’m happy but there’s a lot of people saying not to go with K&N and I’m starting to think if I should just put the stock one back and leave my car stock until I pay it off

41 - 57 of 57 Posts