Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
about a week ago i bought and installed a stage 2 afe cold air intake for my 2010 3.5 v6 challenger. i was hoping to have a bit of increased power and fuel mileage... i got the power increase i thought i would and better throttle response but ever since i installed it my gas mileage has been complete shit!. any ideas as to what i can do to get better gas mileage or should i just put the factory stuff back on and sell the afe

·
Registered
510 Posts
Two suggestions...

1) Try pulling Fuse F2 (with the engine off), leave it out for 30 secs and then put it back. This will clear your long term and short term fuel mapping. (EDIT: I just realized that I don't know for certain that the fuses on the V6s are the same as the 5.7 and 6.4. Someone else can chime in if this is incorrect.)

2) Keep your foot out of the accelerator. A lot of people (me included) tend to bury the accelerator deeper/longer to hear the noise the CAI is making... :)

Good luck.

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
Two suggestions...

1) Try pulling Fuse F2 (with the engine off), leave it out for 30 secs and then put it back. This will clear your long term and short term fuel mapping. (EDIT: I just realized that I don't know for certain that the fuses on the V6s are the same as the 5.7 and 6.4. Someone else can chime in if this is incorrect.)

2) Keep your foot out of the accelerator. A lot of people (me included) tend to bury the accelerator deeper/longer to hear the noise the CAI is making... :)

Good luck.
Who does #2 work for. I would say this is the issue. Enjoy!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts