Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I really don't think normal dyno results are going to show what he has. There's no way with my functional hood scoop in the middle of the hood and his ducting going straight to the CAI they could get the same cold air.

·
Premium Member
246 Posts
The hood scoops on the challenger are to small for any ram air effect. During the development of the car and doing wind tunnel testing the engineers found the scoops had a vacuum effect, because the scoops are to small; no cold air comes in. Vararam was trying to make it work, but I think they put the project on ice. Cervini makes a kit for our challengers. The kit works by using the stock airbox, which is open at the bottom and having it piped to the hood scoops. As the car accelerates, hood scoops make a vacuum pulling air thew the airbox. So not a real ram air.

·
Banned
664 Posts
The hood scoops on the challenger are to small for any ram air effect. During the development of the car and doing wind tunnel testing the engineers found the scoops had a vacuum effect, because the scoops are to small; no cold air comes in. Vararam was trying to make it work, but I think they put the project on ice. Cervini makes a kit for our challengers. The kit works by using the stock airbox, which is open at the bottom and having it piped to the hood scoops. As the car accelerates, hood scoops make a vacuum pulling air thew the airbox. So not a real ram airThe hood scoops on the challenger are to small for any ram air effect. During the development of the car and doing wind tunnel testing the engineers found the scoops had a vacuum effect, because the scoops are to small; no cold air comes in. Vararam was trying to make it work, but I think they put the project on ice. Cervini makes a kit for our challengers. The kit works by using the stock airbox, which is open at the bottom and having it piped to the hood scoops. As the car accelerates, hood scoops make a vacuum pulling air thew the airbox. So not a real ram air.
Got a link to any actual data to back that up? The kit does not use the stock air box, it uses it's own air box that is also open at the bottom. The hood with the Cervini does not create a vacuum as I have debris on my airbox cover from the outside of the car and my air box is sealed to the hood when shut. Here is a link to some hood scoop installing and testing Speedy's Garage

How good does the Cervini system work? Who knows for sure? But if I did not own one, did not know what parts came with one? I would not be saying something did not work without some first hand knowledge. JMO

·
Super Moderator
13,958 Posts
The "functional" hood scoops on the SRT have no ram effect. They only serve to help cool the engine. Tests have shown that they can drop temperatures in the engine bay by 10-15 degrees (depending where you place the sensor to take the reading). This is still significant because every little thing helps to prevent heat soak.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts