Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have two Shakers. Is it possible to incorporate the Hellcat lower cold air intake with the Shaker system?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,109 Posts

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
minimal gains if any

·
Premium Member
3,699 Posts
Here's why I did it to my Scat Pack. If it's good for the Hellcat, why not my car? After this article came out, EVERY Mopar parts place started selling the Hellcat airbox.
" Chris Cowland, Director of SRT Powertrain Engineering, estimates the Air Catcher provides a single-digit horsepower bump to the new Challenger SRT Hellcat’s V8.
“The hole in the headlight was actually put there because we required a certain amount of pressure drop across the intake system to generate 707 hp,” Cowland told AE. “Certainly if we took that away and we increased that pressure drop across the intake system, we would lose horsepower. We’ve never measured it by blocking it off or taking it away, but it could well be seven horsepower.” A second inlet point is located underneath the airbox."

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,619 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,619 Posts
Hmmmmmm, what is we plugged bottom inlet and solely sucked air from the opening in the headlight?
Agreed, combined with the SHAKER, should be more than plenty, except for in the rain, I assume that bottom hole lets water out.

·
Vendor
12,278 Posts
water is a non issue

1 - 12 of 12 Posts