Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about putting a cold air intake on my Hellcat. Believe me when I say, I'm more than aware its not going to give any performance gains. So why? Its what we do!
Totally leaving out price I've narrowed it down to these three. I'm also trying not to factor in "looks". Again, I'm fully aware of what, adding a CAI will moreso NOT do than gain, however,
I'm not going negate gains no matter how small...I'm just NOT expecting noticeable performance I have my own pros/cons. They all have the larger size down to fit throttle body intake I like.
They all have smooth intake tubes opposed to the hellcat (even demon's) wrinkly bellows that have tocause air turbulence reducing flow. They all have filters that are more surface area than stock.

I would like any input from thoughts to experiences with any of these.

1) JLT HELLCAT Cold Air Intake (2015-18 6.2L Charger/Challenger)

https://www.jlttruecoldair.com/ZenC...oduct_info&cPath=523_416_417&products_id=1463

Pros: (just FYI 15-20 RWHP can be expected on a stock Hellcat, I know..don' say it,,,I know)
a) Very much like the Demons CAI
b) The tube is very smooth allowing less turbulence in flow
c) The tube goes from large down to throttle body, "funneling in air"
d) should bring out the super charger wine

cons:
a) It for the most part, has a sealed box around it but there are big gaps
b) the top is open, uses the hood as a seal
c) have to put a clear cover over the hood grill (the hellcats hole n hood)

2) Legmaker (not sure why I'm even considering this one, if it was only choice, I'd stay stock, but would like to hear
other opinions/experiences)

http://*************************/product-p/lmi-hellcat.htm

Pros: (FYI 18-22 rwhp increase over stock airbox, again I know..don' say it,,,I know))
a) NICE style clamps
d) Will really bring out the super charger wine, so I'm told

cons: (over all NOT seeing any advantage over JLT above, more like the JLT is an improved Legmaker)
a) It has NO box whatsoever, under that panel its just sitting in the HOT engine bay (next to HOT raidator overflow)
b) I know I said cost not a factor, but really? for just a tube n filter?
c) Uses just a plastic panel over the filter to shield water, this has to trap hot air

3) Afe Power Momentum GT (NOT the carbon fiber one)

https://afepower.com/afe-power-52-72204-momentum-gt-cold-air-intake-system

Pros: (FYI 28 - 37 HP over stock odd says HP not rwhp, again I know..don' say it,,,I know))
a) I know I said looks not factored, but "I" really like its looks
d) NICE style clamps
e) Its a sealed system like stock, to me, its kind of a much improved stock CAI
f) Its filter looks bigger than the others.

cons:
a) I've heard, it throws error codes (the 2 sensors), not sure how true that is
b) Odd the Red is $31 cheaper than black, Red is 7% more flow than stock, black is 11%, red adds 28hp, black 37hp I can't see any differences between the two (visually/design/shape wise)
c) Won't hear the super charger any better than stock CAI

Just typing this out, has helped. After typing, I've pretty much ruled out the LegMaker even though there are people that say its the ONLY one they'd consider (have they seen JLT?). So I ask of you, unless you have some GREAT facts about LegMaker I've totally over looked? Please .... ignore it.
I always was leaning, JLT, but now I am swaying over to the AFE Momentum. I've always wanted one of these, for sure will have to not factor cost here, even for black or red (again, NOT the carbon fiber)

So? what do you all think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
JLT, BWOODY are currently the top two choices right now in the Hellcat world. Any one of these will get a few extra HP for you but thats about it. You will get a whine from the supercharger that can be heard and intoxicating. This alone is worth getting one.

·
Premium Member
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
JLT, BOODY are currently the top two choices right now in the Hellcat world. Any one of these will get a few extra HP for you but thats about it. You will get a whine from the supercharger that can be heard and intoxicating. This alone is worth getting one.[/QUOTB

BOODY ? I googled "BOODY cold air intake" and "BOODY CAI" and got nothing.

·
Premium Member
2016 Hellcat
1,669 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts