Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2012 Challenger R/T 5.7L 6 speed. I have flowmaster 44's and a R2C cold air intake.

I have a problem when I start my car cold. When I push down the push botton start, i have to hold it down longer than I need to in order to get my engine to start. It kinda spits and pudders a little, but after that, it works fine.

I noticed it right after I put on my cold air intake. I think I might have to get a tuner, to tune the parameters to account for my cold air intake. Anyone else have this issue? Thank you all for your assistance

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I never had that issue when I installed the Mopar CAI on my '10. I also had a MagnaFlow catback system.

·
Premium Member
7,322 Posts
Check your hoses and connections.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

.....................^^^^^^^^^^^
...............................This

Make sure the air intake sensor is plugged in properly and is inserted into the air tube securely.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
Did you damage the IAT sensor when removing or reinstalling?

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
880 Posts
The problem is likely a sensor or a hose fitting. There's no "parameter" changes from replacing the factory cold air intake with a different one just because it's prettier. It's not getting any more, or less, air than it already was.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts