Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cold start and I get a metal to metal like vibration sound toward the rear driver's side. Sounds like hitting the edge of tin with a grinder. It goes away after maybe 20 to 30 seconds and the car drives fine. I hope it's some piece of shielding or something simple. Possibly something to do with the active exhaust valve?

Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
778 Posts
Yep, solve your problem in 2 minutes with your cold car start on a lift. You will see the vibration immediately after you hear it. Most likely it is heat shield.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,496 Posts
Cold start and I get a metal to metal like vibration sound toward the rear driver's side. Sounds like hitting the edge of tin with a grinder. It goes away after maybe 20 to 30 seconds and the car drives fine. I hope it's some piece of shielding or something simple. Possibly something to do with the active exhaust valve?

Any ideas?
If your car has the little bar welded that connects the rear of both mufflers, I bet one of those ends broke loose from the muffler. Easy to tell, get under it and look. Take a grinder with you, when you see that this is what it is, grind it off so it can't contact the muffler.

·
Premium Member
1,920 Posts

Any ideas?
Hi BJM21,
Sorry to hear of the trouble you’re experiencing. If you decide to address this concern with your certified Dodge dealer, please feel free to send us a private message. We would be happy to provide you with an additional layer of assistance for that process.

Rob
Dodge Cares

Reactions: BJM21
1 - 4 of 4 Posts