Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody ever use this stuff? I drive my car in winter so I want something that lasts long and isn't expensive. I've been using Meguairs Gold Class but it's only been on my car about 2 months and my paint is squeaky when I run my finger across it.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Anybody ever use this stuff? I drive my car in winter so I want something that lasts long and isn't expensive. I've been using Meguairs Gold Class but it's only been on my car about 2 months and my paint is squeaky when I run my finger across it.
....which product are you eyeballing? I have use their 845 Insulator Wax on occasion and it works quite well. ...easy on, easy off and lasts ~4-6 months IME. Many use it as a winter wax if that's any indication of its durability. Their 915 and 425 waxes are even more resilient but can be a bit more finicky from reviews I have seen over the years.

If you buy the 845, just make sure to shake it very well. Thee may even be a plug of semi-solid product at the mouth of the bottle. Just push it in and shake, shake, shake until the product becomes a consistent liquid. Also, be aware that the cap threads are notorious for breaking. You may need to transfer the contents to another container if that occurs.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was looking at both 845 and 915. The instructions for 915 make it seem like it would be hard to use.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nevermind 476 is the other one I was looking at. It was 845 and 476.

·
Registered
35 Posts
i use the insulator wax on a dwb, i use a buffer with a wool pad to remove and then buff with a towel. keep it away from the black plastic

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
This wax is made a town away from me and has a huge fellowing in CNY .Some swear by this stuff I have used a couple times and works well my brother will not use anything else .Its a small company building the size of average auto shop.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
Nevermind 476 is the other one I was looking at. It was 845 and 476.
....sorry, it looks like I got a little confused with my #'s as well (I referred to 476 as 425).

Anyhow, both 915 and 476 are supposedly pretty similar depending on who you ask. I would say 476 is probably more popular than 915 but 845 (arguably the more user friendly of the 3) is the one you usually hear about most often. I have never tried 476 but I have heard good things about it other than those that have complained about finickiness.

If I might make a suggestion, if you're interested in a synthetic paste wax you may want to put FinishKare 1000P on your list of products to investigate. A couple of coats will give you similar durability (months) but it has some of the best contaminant shedding characteristics of a sealant I have personally seen. It also keeps a slick finish for most of it's life (IME). Folks also say it begins to develop its "look" (gloss/shine in this case) after a few days of application (as it cures). I noticed it myself but didn't think too much about it at the time.

I think you will be satisfied either way. If you want more input on these and other products, I would urge you to tap into the wealth of information on detailing forums like Autopia.org (simply search one of the Collinite product #'s and (if you're interested) FK1000P).

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What about Meguiars M26? Does it last any longer than their OTC products?

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
What about Meguiars M26? Does it last any longer than their OTC products?
I don't have any personal experience with M26 but if you want direct comparisons to their OTC products I would suggest a search on Meguiarsonline.com (Google search "M26 site:meguiarsonline.com").

·
Registered
116 Posts
i just started using wolfgangs 3.0 paint sealer so far after 3 months the paints still slick. i only use a quick detailer after i wash the car.

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
i just started using wolfgangs 3.0 paint sealer so far after 3 months the paints still slick. i only use a quick detailer after i wash the car.
....Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 is currently what's on my car as well (1 coat for about the same time). I had a 2 oz sample siting in my cabinet for quite a while and finally got around to trying it out.

It's a nice, traditionally applied, non-staining product that goes on relatively easily and comes off the same. It characteristically reminds me of Zaino Z-2. It's a decent product although I can't say (at this point) I'm pleased with how well it releases contaminants (compared to some other products I have used). ....I would say it's par for the course in that regard.

I will probably apply one more layer to see what difference it makes before I decide to move on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.