Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of shopping for a new challenger (leaning towards r/t classic) but am having a hard time with my color options. 2 specific things are nagging me:

I have seen the red interior and usually love it but have a suspicion that 5 years from now I will look back and ask what was I thinking. Where a black interior is a classic yet somewhat safe/boring choice. For those why have had red for a while do you still love it and how has it held up?

I have the same worries about an orange exterior it looks great to me now and pays homage to the hemi heritage but 5 years from now would I ask myself what I was thinking.

For you long term owners are there any regrets?

(And no I would not get a red interior with orange but am considering one or the other.)

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
My first Challenger was Bright White with Viper blue stripes and Radar Red interior: I loved it!

People just went WOW when they opened the door.

I LOVE Challengers in Orange and Plum Crazy. But if you want a red interior, I'd recommend a more muted exterior.

For a stunning yet enduring combo, get the Radar Red interior with Granite Crystal exterior. This combination will nicely balance the bright red interior with a timeless, understated gray exterior, and will make the interior appear even more striking without clashing.

Black with red interior is also a good combo, but it is a bit expected --and a bit more clashy; the charcoal dashboard and console will tie the red leather together nicely to the gray exterior.

Reactions: DJ Hemi

·
Premium Member
1,732 Posts
You need to ask yourself this question: what effect do you want?

1. More extroverted - Everyone go WOW when they see your Challenger driving down the road? --I.e. Orange

2. More personal - You and your passenger go WOW when you get in? --I.e., Red interior

Reactions: USRWDV8

·
Registered
9,674 Posts
What was I thinking 3 1/2 years ago when I bought this?

The same thing that I'm thinking today. Happy, Happy, Happy :)

Exterior color is the most important option.

Good luck with your choice.

·
Registered
627 Posts
For me the red interior would get old fast now a bad ass color on the outside that will never get old and way more people will see the outside then the inside

1,931 Posts
Most of the 50+ vehicles I have owned over the last 42 years have been black. Seems like every time I bought a color other than black I would later regret it...and now I have a copperhead 2013 Ram. After 9 months of ownership I still like the color but every time I see a black Ram I find myself thinking maybe I should have...

Far as the orange Challenger I love looking at one going down the road. Black stripes and black wheels make em look very badazz. I almost ordered orange for my current Challenger but I started thinking about the times I owned another color...

I do not like a solid red interior at all. Black and red look good and I gave thought to that combo when I ordered the car. I have never regretted having a solid black interior.

If you have a history of car buying think back to what you thought then...

·
Registered
627 Posts
I say nothing looks better then black and pink that s my 4cents

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
I think that color choices are too personal to listen to strangers. You should peruse a lot of photos, make some choices, and then let them evolve over time (if you're not buying a car tomorrow, that is). Because your taste is unique and so is your car ownership history, family situation, work environment, etc. There are things I really like, for example, but didn't picture myself driving at my age or parking in front of clients' houses. And I never had a black interior and always wanted one so I passed on Radar Red, although I really liked it. See what I mean?

The bottom line is that we're lucky to have so many nice options and since most of us only own one Challenger, we have to... pick one and live with it. Which means that there's always going to be some regret. I know I get a hint of that every time I see a TorRed R/T with black stripes, for example.

But to give you some generic advice: you can't go wrong with safe. A car like the Challenger is probably one to go wild with, but if you have concerns now about how your taste may change over time, go with classic and subdued. I picked black on black because of that: still very sexy and muscle car-like, but not too loud. And I knew I'd never regret it (even if maintenance is a biatch, but we're talking colors).

Good luck with your choice and happy shopping!

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
If you like to drive fast, get a color that doesn't attract attention. I would love to have a "high impact" color Challenger, but I need a DD that is low key because I tend mash the gas frequently.

If I only drove on weekends or special occasions, I would love PCP, DT, GWE or HO as they all look great!

With that said, I like my Jazz Blue RT. Looks black, purple or blue depending on the light.

Reactions: TrevorD and USRWDV8

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
No regrets with my Hemi Orange after 5+ years.

But then again, I was 100% sure about my decision when I purchased it.

Go with your gut feelings, otherwise you'll be trading in for what you knew all along.

·
Premium Member
9,676 Posts
You're first choice is the correct choice just like back when you were a kid in school. You'd change your answer on a test and then find out you're initial answer was correct but your test ended up with the wrong one because you doubted yourself.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have the radar red interior and I love it. Granted I've only owned my challenger since July of last year but it hasn't gotten old yet. Everyone That sees it loves it as well. Its the red with black on the sides of the seats. I've seen some cars with just the red and no black. That I think is a bit too much.

·
Registered
2017 challenger hellcat A8
2,001 Posts
I just went back and forth between orange and white. I love orange on a challenger and promised myself that would be the next color. However, when push came to shove as I was test driving the cars I realized I love orange 75% of the time but I did not want to look at it all the time that I am driving day after day, year after year.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Interior colour: Personally i don't like radar red interior unless its in a granite crystal (grey) challenger. i think black/white exterior and red interior is very cliche, and with a vibrant coloured exterior i.e. HO its going to look childish or something IMO.
My personal choice : black / dark grey interior

Exterior colour: its pretty much personal preference. i like the look of the HO but would i ever drive one that colour? No. i like the look of darker challengers. I own a jazz blue challenger and love it. its an awesome colour. I've been debating an upgrade to a 100th anniversary r/t in the high octane red, but I'm really unsure if id like the colour change cause I'm so attached to the jazz blue of my car. i also think that colour choice says a lot about your personality, are you more calm collective mellow person or a jumpy hyper type person? which colour would fit your personal style most?

·
Premium Member
1,818 Posts
Color choice

Its really what you want. The red interior is pretty cool but the black one is also very nice and you can always add some bling

When I was looking it was going to be orange or PCP, I picked the PCP in the background.

The 2014 R/T Classic has the R/T stitching in the head rest for a nice color pop.

I'm no help...

Attachments

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
And... you can also go New Age and get in touch with your inner self to find out what color matches it best: http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f118/what-does-color-your-ride-say-about-you-118609/ :hippy:

I know it sounds silly, but it can at least make you think. Doesn't say a thing about how some colors fade/age or how much maintenance they need, though. I know I had concerns about light-colored seats from experience and black was very much a practical choice for that.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I personally think Plum Crazy and Hemi Orange are the two best color options. With that said, I was sure I wanted Hemi Orange and wouldn't settle for anything else.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Color choice??? Hmmmm

I don't know what do you think?

Attachments

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I love my black R/T-C. It looks awesome when it's clean and with a California duster is tends to stay clean! As Wesley Snipes said, "Always bet on black!"

Reactions: PSM450 and USRWDV8
1 - 20 of 54 Posts