Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, so reading a post here, I have

****"what I think"**** (heavy on the "I THINK")

Is going to be a collector. Only 1,217 made of my 2009 Hemi-Orange R/T. How do I find out how many had a stick shift? Only about 10% of the 31,500 Challengers (all models) made that year got them. The ratio could be higher or lower for my color, but at 10%, that may mean I have one of 120 cars with my config. Many were shipped overseas according to the Challenger registry.

2008 - 2014 Dodge Challenger Registry

NOTE: Not every Challenger has been registered.....

I'm excited as hell, just because I have one of 1,217, but I REALLY wanna narrow down the rarity of a 2009 Hemi-Orange R/T with 6 speed manual....

HELP!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
there are 1.6 million vettes, who knows what these cars will be worth in 50 years.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Do you have a link that breaks down the number by colors?

I wouldn't count on the collectability of a 2009 Hemi Orange R/T because every year there are improvements. If they release HO again in a better, more powerful, updated R/T, then that one will be more collectable than the 2009. Now if they stopped making them today, then maybe. I would just enjoy the exclusiveness of your HO right now.......who knows what the future holds.

·
Registered
505 Posts
I wouldn't think there would be much collectibility because in the end it's an R/T and there are quite a few R/Ts that are out there. Even the Hellcat collectibility is up in the air if Chrysler follows through and makes as many as the market will bear.

Really though, only time will tell. I guess the only way to guess now is look at the collectibility of early 80's Camaros/Mustangs, etc. Are there price differences on those cars now due to color?

·
Premium Member
7,326 Posts
My car is one of 450 in my color with the manual transmission (extra cost option in 2009). Add Sound Group I and that number goes down a little.

Do I think my car will be a collector car? Not a chance. There are way too many 2008-2014 Challengers built.

I purchased my car to drive and I drive it.

·
Premium Member
10,522 Posts
Something deemed to be a collectible comes after the fact, you can't pre-determine these things as too many people are buying them to hold on to and that diminishes it's value. Forty years from now many of us won't be living and those who are won't need the money by then so they will just keep the car and their decendents will let it go as it's just "in the way". My son will get mine and it's up to him to do with as he sees fit, hopefully he will drive it.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Looks like there were 2340 Hemi Orange 6-Speeds in 2009.

Okay, so reading a post here, I have

****"what I think"**** (heavy on the "I THINK")

Is going to be a collector. Only 1,217 made of my 2009 Hemi-Orange R/T. How do I find out how many had a stick shift? Only about 10% of the 31,500 Challengers (all models) made that year got them. The ratio could be higher or lower for my color, but at 10%, that may mean I have one of 120 cars with my config. Many were shipped overseas according to the Challenger registry.

2008 - 2014 Dodge Challenger Registry

NOTE: Not every Challenger has been registered.....

I'm excited as hell, just because I have one of 1,217, but I REALLY wanna narrow down the rarity of a 2009 Hemi-Orange R/T with 6 speed manual....

HELP!

·
Registered
728 Posts
I wouldn't think there would be much collectibility because in the end it's an R/T and there are quite a few R/Ts that are out there. Even the Hellcat collectibility is up in the air if Chrysler follows through and makes as many as the market will bear.

Really though, only time will tell. I guess the only way to guess now is look at the collectibility of early 80's Camaros/Mustangs, etc. Are there price differences on those cars now due to color?
To use Camaro's and Mustangs from the 80's in the same sentence with collectable is a JOKE nothing from the 80's is collectable. Some of these Challengers will at least have a chance over any sorry ass 80's camaro or mustang. Right now Challengers resale value is better than current year Camaro and Mustang. Color does have an effect on price, resale red usually brings the most and the high impact colors of the late 60's early 70's bring high dollars at Barrett/Jackson and other auctions but what everybody born after 1972 doesn't know is the high impact colors were rare only because no one bought them not because you couldn't get them, so when one comes across the block it gets alot of attention and brings a higher bid. I think you will find 20 years from now the high impact colors will be the least sought after because everybody is buying them weather they like the color or not, it's like the release of sublime for 15 everybody is going to buy one except me, I didn't like it back then and I still don't. I predict the tri white pearl will be rare because already people are saying they don't like it, as for Hemi orange, my 13 srt was HO it should of been rare because it was the last year but it wasn't and you will see HO again probable in 16.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Here we go....ugh.

Do you enjoy driving the car? Do you feel like the money you paid for the car is less valuable than the car itself? If so, then be happy...you have a car that you enjoy driving and looking at. Stop obsessing over whether somebody else is going to spoil your individuality.

No offense to anyone in particular, but more to the "Cars As A Collectible" scene as a whole:

WHY are people so obsessed with making sure that as few people as possible out there have a car like theirs? Have we grown that hungry for individuality that we all have a chronic case of "Special Unique Snowflake Syndrome"? Is there something that turns off in the "Collectors" brain that he no longer feels that his car is great, and no longer gets joy from driving it simply because there's a chance that somewhere out there in this great big world someone else might have one just like it?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts