Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in another Dodge dealer today and the salesman showed me a Dodge release reaffirming that Toxic Orange is the ONLY SRT8 color ready for order. The sheet also said through model year under the duration section. So if this is official then it looks like there won't be many more 2011 SRT8s coming

Any insiders have anything different? Are they just saying through model year because they don't know or will they just ramp up 2012 production when they are ready?

·
Registered
76 Posts
That will change next Wednesday...
What is coming next Wednesday? The renewed ability to order the rest of the standard 2011 colors, or the announcement of new/replacement colors?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The end of the green with envy whining...............:pimp:
The dealer that put the $5,000 markup on the black is getting two of those...... I'm sure there will be the same "Fair Market Value" adjustment made to those as well. :notallthere:

·
Premium Member
456 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Black Clear Coat was added a couple of days ago. That may be it for the SRT for the rest of the 2011 model year as ordering will close soon.
Can you confirm the date ordering will close for a 2011 Challenger?

Can you confirm the colors one can order currently for any given model?

I was thinking of ordering a 2011 Rallye in Bright White.

7,359 Posts
Im wondering if that is the Black with out metal flake I suspect it is ...It was to be named bad ass black..Least there is two colors now!

GWE starts its run asap....I never thought color would be an issue this year ..Guess your right this will be a year of rareness!:thumbsup:

Black Clear Coat was added a couple of days ago. That may be it for the SRT for the rest of the 2011 model year as ordering will close soon.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I prefer the black clear coat over the metallic. My SRT8 Charger was Black metallic and it just really had that bad ass look that black should have, thus....bad ass black.

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
yea 2011 SRT's are going to be rare it appears....if they stopped making 392's or SRT's it would be a big deal...but soon the 2012's will be out and will be pretty much be the same car, so whats there to make the 2011's collectable or rare? just the year?

i checked Cars.com today....1 SRT challenger in WI listed within 100 miles of me

i know of atleast 1 more DWB SRT locally......WI didnt get many IE's or SRT's...some dealers out west got 5-10 IE's...here in WI most didnt get 1

i still dont get how there's only ONE supplier of PAINT in the whole world...and its in Japan....im thinking of opening my own paint factory to sell paint to Dodge...ill own the market...ill be the only non-radioactive paint supplier in the world...im sure there are 100's of paint factories in every country....Dodge! switch to another supplier....there...i solved your problem....send me $100,000 for my consulting fee

non-metallic colors are more retro....start painting Challengers with out the flake

1 - 20 of 47 Posts