My frustration, like so many others, is deciding upon the
"perfect" color. I tend to like the darker, more sinister
looking. variety like Phantom Black & Granite Crystal. But,
I also really like the Bright White and maybe TorRed. I plan
to go for the Satin Black hood option, if I don't go with the
black car color choice.
That said, I am wondering what color others have decided upon,
maybe the rational behind your choice? I would REALLY
appreciate any feedback or constructive advice.
I am relatively new to this forum but extremely enjoy
reading and learning more about our Challengers!!
Thanks for all comments......

:roller:

·
Super Moderator
17,345 Posts
I'd say go with a unique color.

Phantom black is different enough from most other paints.

Ivory White Tri-Coat (pearl) is another uncommon color that has more depth and character than solid Bright White

Torred is another eye catching color

Go with your gut instinct...the solid black color (Pitch Black) is a more common color (and the attendant maintenance to keep it looking good) about 40% of the Challengers are built in that color.

Granite Crystal is a subdued color, haven't seen as many of those around, if you want a dark color, w/o the commitment of a darker shade in the black color range...

·
Registered
305 Posts
Id say torred with the satin hood. It matches the tail lights so well and has a dark evil look without being the same black that everyone else ordered. Get red leather and you have one HELLcat

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
See my signature. :) The black and white contrast should go well together. I'm not getting the satin hood as I can wrap it later. My current hood is matte/flat black and while I like it, it has it's own issues.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
See my signature. :) The black and white contrast should go well together. I'm not getting the satin hood as I can wrap it later. My current hood is matte/flat black and while I like it, it has it's own issues.
And what would they be...?

·
Premium Member
903 Posts
And what would they be...?
In order to be matte/flat/satin, it has a different clearcoat than your standard paint. You can't use your normal soap, polish, cleaners and wax on it. Theoretically, you could polish it enough and it would be a more glossy black. Seems to be more susceptible to acid rain/water spots, too. I have separate products to use just on the hood. It's just overall more maintenance, in my opinion.

A vinyl wrap may not have these same issues (especially with the flat clearcoat)...

·
Premium Member
1,883 Posts
As you see from my signature, I'm a big fan of bright white. But since you're a fan of darker colors, I strongly recommend that you take a look at granite. A coworker bought a SRT in Granite and man, is that car sweet. When the sun hits it at different colors, it really looks sharp.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My last car was white, and the one thing I can say about a white car is they show dirt MUCH worse than any other color, it is so bad in fact that the typical pressure wash style touchless car wash is useless since it leaves so much visible dirt behind. This may not be a big deal if the car is a weekend driver only, just expect to wash it after (and maybe before) each use.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I'm not buying till 2016, so HOPEFULLY they will have the HEMI ORANGE available and I will get that color. Add the Satin black hood, the black leather/alcantra seating and black wheels. Whether I get the A8 or M6,....it's still up in the air.
:burnout:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Not trying to sound like a downer, and no disrespect intended, but why do you want others to pick the color of the car when you're the one who will be paying for it, driving it and enjoying it?

Do you prefer to fit in or stand out? My guess is that most Challenger owners, and especially Hellcat owners, do not like to fit in. Go with what you dig and enjoy it!

·
Super Moderator
17,345 Posts
Does any one have pictures of the ivory white (pearl)? Because I really like the look of the pearl white with black rims.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Here's some images of the a '14 with Ivory Tri-Coat, and my lone close-up of a '15 pre-production of the same color:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I am seriously considering trading my 2013 SRT8 in for a
Hellcat. What a GREAT car!!
My frustration, like so many others, is deciding upon the
"perfect" color. I tend to like the darker, more sinister
looking.
variety like Phantom Black & Granite Crystal. But,
I also really like the Bright White and maybe TorRed. I plan
to go for the Satin Black hood option, if I don't go with the
black car color choice.
That said, I am wondering what color others have decided upon.............................
:roller:
Jazz Blue Pearl is a truly is amazing color. It's basically a black base coat with a blue pearl coat over it. It looks black in the shade, it looks purple at night under the street lights. , When I've gotten it out in 100% sunlight, people have asked me if I took my brand new car and repainted it with "House of Kolors" custom pearl paint. If you like the darker colors, this is the one.

·
Super Moderator
17,345 Posts
Thanks Hal h. I really like that black and white combo! What would y'all think that with red leather and red seat belts would look good?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
I think the red seat belts are only available with black color seats.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Having received a bogus no seat belt ticket, may I suggest the red belts. Unless the cop is color blind.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Seat belts I am leaving standard because I think I will be adding either 3 point or 5 point belts.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Jazz Blue Pearl is a truly is amazing color. It's basically a black base coat with a blue pearl coat over it. It looks black in the shade, it looks purple at night under the street lights. , When I've gotten it out in 100% sunlight, people have asked me if I took my brand new car and repainted it with "House of Kolors" custom pearl paint. If you like the darker colors, this is the one.

I was thinking if B5 is late delivery and B streak isn't available I might go Jazz your pics have definitely made me think - BEAUTY :guiness:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.