Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Total newbie here on the forum and still learning the basics about specs and such...

I need some advice...

We had a silver 2010 silver SE and we added some awesome black stripes. But then hubby and I got the itch for more power. Well, I'll admit that was mainly hubby in the beginning, until I drove the RT!!! :banana:
Anyhow, he got his hemi, I got my favorite color in all the universe... purple! We traded our SE in for our new hottie: 2013 Classic PCP R/T... her name is Amethyst btw. Sounds like a stripper name, I know. But she is hot enough to pull that off. :D

So now we are trying to figure out what color stripes to put on her. Even though the white has the best contrast, I'm really not into white so we had the white factory stripes taken off but no other color seems to pop on the purple. :shrug03:

For those of you who have PCPs, what color stands out and looks the best to you? I'm about ready to forget about it and leave her naked, she is hella sexy that way anyhow!!!! :naughty:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to mention, hubby has been considering lime green... I just cannot get on board with that. Reminds me of Barney the Dinosaur! LOL

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Lime Green is a "complement" color to PCP from old art class days it will really pop, I have Black Stripe much more subtle but I have toyed with the idea of "shadowing" the stripes with Lime Green pinstriping just haven't .

Reactions: BettyBoop1110

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
What kinda stripes are you gonna go back with? (392, T-stripe, war stripes, side strobes, etc)

·
Registered
535 Posts
Go wild & do orange

·
Registered
413 Posts
I say carbon fiber

·
Premium Member
2014 rt shaker
750 Posts
Even though the black doesn't pop with tons of contrast, I still love it on pcp cars.
It would probably look cool with a lime green pinstripe around the black, depending on which stripes you are planning.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Personally, I'd have left the white stripes on, as there is no better color to fully compliment Plum/Purple. However, as you're already past that point, I'd consider black first....as the previous respondent noted, it's not full of "pop" -but- does provide an excellent complimentary, and subdued, color option. You might also want to consider silver. It's being a lighter, non-garish color might lend it an excellent choice.

Personally, any/all talk about lime green leaves me nearly speechless - I can't imagine a more hideous color "combo :SM130: ."

Regards,

Gary aka "beamg5"

·
Registered
700 Posts
White rt stripes. It will completely pop . I have header orange with white stripes!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
40 Posts
No to the white here. MY 2010 PCP had the white R/T stripes on the side they didn't make it 24 hours thats probably only because I picked the car up in a different state late at night. ON the purple especially with the R/T clasic wheels they pull your eye to them and you do not focus on the overall picture of the car. For me it looked lot better. I have seen a model with purple and yellow and it looked good but not a car. I would be hesitant to do the green but if its vinyl go get some strips of the color form a vinyl sticker place and just throw them on the side step back take a look at them. Once you decide if you love it/hate it lightly use a hairdryer and pull them off. you could probably do all the colors you want to try one on each corner of the car. Also an idea that may be cool but it would be permanent is to do a green pearl in some clear coat and have the sprayed on it would be more like a ghost color really pop in the sunlight but at night you would have to be in a certain position to see them.

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
Now this is what I want................

Charcoal or silver stripes ...... an option on the '14.
I have been thinking about these two colors for my 2014 SRT since before I even got my car but will not settle for what everyone out there has........I want to design my own style (whatever that might be)
The one other thing that you should give a thought to (or not) is to think about an "accent" small stripe! in other words, the car is PCP plus either the Charcoal or a pearl silver then add a RED or whatever small accent stripe to just compliment the whole car, if you know what I mean...............

Whatever you decide, good luck and if you like it, then it is all good!

David

·
Registered
1,710 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
I have been thinking about these two colors for my 2014 SRT since before I even got my car but will not settle for what everyone out there has........I want to design my own style (whatever that might be)

David
Just what I am planning as well.

The stripes will be painted on as well as the "392" badge on the fenders. I prefer the "personal/individualistic" to the factory look. Subtle ....... "hey, that's a cool idea" kind of changes.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Id say silver or green and maybe do a red pin stripe around them. Congrats on the new ride by the way!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks for all the input, guys! We're definitely taking all of these into consideration. I think it's between white and silver but not the classic RT side stripes. I want racing stripes but we'll see how it happens. Thanks again. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts