Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I had my Mustang there are on-line groups of owner’s colors; I was in the Silver Mustang group and was number 6312 and I had a window decal, (you could put it anywhere, I just don’t like them on paint) and you could get t-shirts etc.. I’ve looked but don’t see any for Challengers, are there any?
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2016 Challenger R/T Scat Pack Pitch Black A8
1,285 Posts
Don't know but good idea. Especially if I could get one in red! :sneaky:
Dude, your car is Blue so based on the example that was provided your sticker would be blue. Unless I'm mistaken, as was pointed out today several times by Mrs Rebel.

Not sure about the registry idea.

Now if Challenger talk had a small sticker that you could put in the corner of the side window I might do that.

·
Registered
2020 F8 Scat Pack 392 6 Speed Stick
376 Posts
Hi,

My buddy got his wife a yellow Mustang and whoever he got it from was all about that, and a yellow Mustang club.

Regards,
Jim

·
Premium Member
10,536 Posts
There used to be a Challenger registry online, I don’t recall where it was but a member owned it and think he sold his car and moved on.
Someone here may have the information on that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
There are some color-specific Challenger groups on FB, I don't know how active they really are though. I've tried to keep track of where the 70 (77) Gold Rush 50th T/A Challengers went, but more than 3/4 of the owners are not using social media or internet forums to talk about their cars. I would expect that those same people would not be interested in being part of a color-specific owner's group. I wonder how many bought those cars to be hidden away as collector items, and how many are just clueless about it all and just wanted "a car"?

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm going tonstart a Smoke Show group.... it will be nice and small. Might even take some bud smokers too :D

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
Dude, your car is Blue so based on the example that was provided your sticker would be blue. Unless I'm mistaken, as was pointed out today several times by Mrs Rebel.

Not sure about the registry idea.

Now if Challenger talk had a small sticker that you could put in the corner of the side window I might do that.
OK, then I am canceling my membership.....when I get it! :LOL:

·
Super Moderator
15,730 Posts
Back in 2008-2009, one of our former members, Venthos, created the Unofficial Dodge Challenger Registry. Owners of newly Challengers could find out their car's build status, storage date and shipping status. After they received their cars, they would post details about them such as the model, color, dealer, location, etc. It was pretty cool.

Unfortunately, Venthos encountered several problems with his Challenger and shut down the registry in Feb. 2015.

·
Premium Member
4,812 Posts
Reactions: Bacon Sandwich

·
Registered
114 Posts
There are some color-specific Challenger groups on FB, I don't know how active they really are though. I've tried to keep track of where the 70 (77) Gold Rush 50th T/A Challengers went, but more than 3/4 of the owners are not using social media or internet forums to talk about their cars. I would expect that those same people would not be interested in being part of a color-specific owner's group. I wonder how many bought those cars to be hidden away as collector items, and how many are just clueless about it all and just wanted "a car"?
I'll bet that many of those cars got bought by older folks who think in five or more years they will be worth more, and we will see them on the TV auction shows. They could care less about the car(s) themselves; only how much they can get on the investment.

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
If you buy a new car as an investment. You need professional investment counseling.

Reactions: Derf1872

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
28,172 Posts
Hmmm, I've invested more than $5,000 in mods for mine, and the return has been great :cool:

A Guy

·
Premium Member
5,165 Posts
Yes, I agree. I was speaking in general terms. But there are exceptions if you are willing to keep it pristine.
But even my Firehawk's which were limited edition, numbered cars, are just now, after 20 years, approaching their purchase price on the collector market. And that is in like new condition with 7K and 5K miles respectively.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Yes, I agree. I was speaking in general terms. But there are exceptions if you are willing to keep it pristine.
But even my Firehawk's which were limited edition, numbered cars, are just now, after 20 years, approaching their purchase price on the collector market. And that is in like new condition with 7K and 5K miles respectively.
I think their time hasn't come yet. Another ten years. 30 years means the twentysomethings are fiftysomething and have money to spend.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts