Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I was thinking about the gold color for my pitch black challenger. It also has black and yellow license plate (California). Do you think this gold color matches the car? Or should I go with a safer silver color? I don't like drawing too much attention to my car if I can. I removed the scatpack badge (for easier waxing also). Is the gold color too flashy?

Also I hope that cut out is good enough for my dashcam and radar detector. My radar I think should be okay since it's attached to the rear view mirror's neck. and I think the dash cam is around the dotted black area.

I guess as a poll which color would look best? Anyone have experience with these? Does it fit well around the left and right edges? There is a premium version i'm not sure if it covers more of the edges or not.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
13,695 Posts
I doubt one color over the other would attract miscreants...Gold and Black always look good together (let's face it, every color looks good with black :) )

A Guy

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I bought the gray/silver ones for all my rides. They do an outstanding job of keeping the cars cool in the summer. My rear louvers also are a big help, along with the tinted windows.
IMG_20150528_202140_794.jpg

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
I bought the gray/silver ones for all my rides. They do an outstanding job of keeping the cars cool in the summer. My rear louvers also are a big help, along with the tinted windows. View attachment 982334
great to have a picture of someone's. Is your car 2008-2014 or 2015+? I think there's two versions. I'm wondering about fitment for my 2017. Are the sides covered completely? I'm okay with the cut out for the windshield because I got a dashcam there anyways, i wonder if it will cover up the dash cam?

based on the image you sent, it looks like the sunscreen is suppose to be tucked where the dash cam is, my guess is that it won't fit and maybe might even over heat these known to be heat sensitive blackvue dash cams. I should stop with the early adoption, you end up being a beta tester

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
I have a dash cam (Rexing V1) on my windshield and it is placed just behind the rearview mirror on the left side. I can't even notice it from the drivers seat while driving. I caught my "wrap guy" taking my car for a joy ride and he never even noticed the camera. I can't recall how/if the screen goes over/under the camera. I'm going to have to check it out. It might be a while since my car is 75 miles away in winter storage. My Chevy Cruze has the camera mounted with EZ Pass velcro (very solid mount). The camera is mounted to the black plastic housing of the rear view mirror and doesn't interfere with the sunscreen placement at all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts